2000 PRS Singlecut black?!

I thought you were saying the Alder CE22 had a magic? But this all mahogany is the best tone?

I am not sure what to do.
Sorry for the confusion. What you should do is easy. Follow your ears and don't listen to me! Still, I'll try to explain. My alder CE is a CE24.
mXMLxb2.jpg

In the photo it has 59's in it. Now I have converted it back to it's original condition with T&B pups and a 3 way switch that does a split in the middle position. It was a unique wiring scheme for those guitars. To your point it's Alder with a Maple top. It is indeed a magic guitar.
sP6D28e.jpg

This is the mahogany one I bought after it, thinking I'd double my "magic" quotient. I didn't. Now it may be that the CE24 Mahogany just wasn't a magic guitar, but the first one was definitely better.
Now on a slightly different topic, I love the tone of mahogany. It's powerful but I think what makes the one I showed you a magic guitar is the maple neck. It adds those clear highs and the Dragon pups make everything shine through. So that is why the CE22 Standard is such a wonderful guitar.

Summary:

My Ce24 alder/maple is "Magic".
My now gone Ce24 mahogany/maple was not.
My Ce22 Standard (mahogany/maple neck) is "Magic" and has Dragon pups.

Thanks.
I may go for the mint condition black SC with wide fat neck and #7s.
I don't find clarity issues with all mahogany guitars if it's the right guitar.
He wants 1600! Ugh.
I could get another LP or CE 22 mahogany.

Is the 2001 SC black with wide fat neck in mint condition, worth $1600?
I forget if the old wide fat neck is too fat.

Is the 2001 SC black with wide fat neck in mint condition, worth $1600?
I forget if the old wide fat neck is too fat.
If it's worth it to you, it's worth it. The range on eBay was $1475 - $1675 but only 3 guitars sold so it's a small sample size.

Thanks.
Even in black with dots?

I tend to flip guitars I can't bond with so I don't want to lose money.

He said he can do 1600 including shipping.

Nobody but you can tell you whether that's the right deal for you. You know yourself, your preferences, and your finances best.

The only thing Santana about it are the pickups. A little bit of over-hype to pull in more traffic. Sure to pi$$ off the Santana crew. :D
The tuners, control knobs, strap buttons, switch tip and pickups have all been changed. Different non-PRS case(no biggie).
Also, the ad says the modcat shows it as black-burst when clearly it’s not. Looks like they had to scrape black paint off of the tag to read it.

Last edited:
Thanka guys for the help.

So I am still looking at the 2001 mint black singlecut. I would love it to throw in a PRS Tremonti.

I also found a used 2007 Custom 22 with 10 top for $1625.
I just think a singlecut will sound bigger, fatter and meaner for my hard work ock and metal.

Hey guys, what is the Singlecut 250? I have to research. Found this one. Is it like the original singlecut I am considweing but with adjustable bridge and open cool pickups? The owner told me it's like a Tremonti.

https://reverb.com/item/36210520-prs-sc250-flame-top-burst-2007-burst

Found this..
"The Singlecut was the original model, then some time after the Gibson lawsuit got dropped, PRS split the line into the SC245 and SC250. The SC250 was pretty much the earlier singlecut with hotter pickups, adjustable stoptail and locking tuners, aimed at modern rock/metal. The SC245 was the more vintage offering, with a shorter 24.5" scale length, kluson-style tuners, non-adjustable stoptail, and more "vintage" SC245 pickups. The SC250 wasn't a great seller and didn't last long; the SC245 lingered somewhat longer in the lineup, then disappeared and was resurrected in the likeness of the SC58."

Essentially I can get an old singlecut and upgrade the pickups, adjustable bridge and locking tuners. Basically an SC250.

So I am reading the sc250 had hot pickups Nad many say, too bright!
I would love a covered neck Pickup and open bridge pickup.
The Singlecut was also solid body and I could keep the neck #7 pickup and install a hotter bridge pickup, replace the bridge with adjustable onw. Otherwise, I coild liv with the sc250 pups and maybe replace the. Ridge pickup.
Not sure. Sc250 is chambered.

I play rock, hard rock, grunge and metal, plus very heavy modern metal.

Back