2000 PRS Singlecut black?!

boardn10

Hey guys!

I have an Gibson LP Standard, older Alder PRS CE22 and Gibson SG Standard.
I am looking to add to my collection with a 2000 PRS SC black with dot inlays in mint condition.
Any comments on these older and original PRS Singlecuts? I think it is the #7 pickups and wide/fat neck shape.
I play mostly hard rock and metal.
Worth a purchase?
I was also looking at another CE22 or a Custom 22. I did own an older Cu22 and McCarty but preferred my CE22.

Thanks!
Rich

There’s a guy on the PRS Buy/Sell group on FB with the exact guitar your asking about. First run, pre-lawsuit, black with dots.

You mean like this?
LEcyBW8.jpg

Great guitar. I do like the #7's.

Oh thanks!
How does the singlecut compare to your Cu22?
This is a 2000 first year black SC.
I want to find out the weight and neck carve.
Excelleny shape.
This is the one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/293777689189
My Singlecuts sound bigger or wider than my Cu22s. More girth. Best way I can describe the difference.
As far as weight, they tend to run on the heavy side. Heavier than CE22s and Cu22s.
All Original Singlecuts have Widefat necks.

Funny thing is, my 1994 CE22 sounds huge. Not like a bolt neck strta type guitar at all.

Would the SC sound as big as an LP?
My LP Standard is my main guitar and I rotate it wirh my CE22.

Funny thing is, my 1994 CE22 sounds huge. Not like a bolt neck strta type guitar at all.

Would the SC sound as big as an LP?
My LP Standard is my main guitar and I rotate it wirh my CE22.
The Singlecut, to me, is like a more focused LP. Still huge sounding, just not “sloppy” for lack of a better description.

The singlecut cuts are great guitars. Mine feels great and sounds great. Bigger sounding than my other PRS. A little less perceived low end than my les Paul but a little tighter in the lows. It’s not the same guitar as a les Paul. The scale length makes a difference. It’s similar though in sound. Mine is on the heavy side. Some like heavy some don’t. Mine is without a doubt a keeper

Any thoughts on what a black SC is worth? I just missed on a 10 top Custom 22 that sold for 1375.
I was thinking of trying to get this SC for 1400.

Thanks I'll try lower. It's listed by the guy at 1699 but seems high for black no birds.

My other option is a transparent grey CE22 that is mahogany with DIIs. My CE22 is alder with DIs.

I think I may have tried the #7 pickups years ago but wasn't thrilled. Hard to recall but if it did, I don't recall in which guitar I tried. I didn't like DIIs in my CE22 but loved them in the Custom 22 I used to have.

Looks like he won't budge from $1600+

The CE22 has been my favorite bolt neck and I want another so maybe I'll get this translucent grey one I found and then save for another LP.

Back