2000 PRS Singlecut black?!

Thanks guys.
I have a 94, alder CE with Dragons.
Would getting this mahogany CE with Dragon IIs not make any sense since I already have a CE?

Otherwise, I'll wait for another Cu22 or SC in my price range.

I prefer hardtail.

I also want another LP... So there is that.
Lol..
For 1400, I can get a gorgeous topped LP Traditional rather than thr black SC.
15 still seems high for a black/dots SC, when a beautiful 10 top Custom 22 just sold for under 1400.

That Alder CE with Dragons is a better guitar than the Mahogany CE with Dragon 2's in my opinion. You would be getting a similar and probably less powerful guitar.

The LP would be ok but IMO you would be best served looking for the SC. I'd get interested at around $1400 - $1500. Be patient.

That Alder CE with Dragons is a better guitar than the Mahogany CE with Dragon 2's in my opinion. You would be getting a similar and probably less powerful guitar.

The LP would be ok but IMO you would be best served looking for the SC. I'd get interested at around $1400 - $1500. Be patient.
Wouldn't the mahogany make it darker and thicker?
I did find a used mahogany 1997 CE with Dragons but it has a refret which worries me.

I had a custom 22 that my CE destroyed.
People claim a mahogany guitar will be thicker and meaner. But my Alder CE destroyed my Cu22 with DIIs and my McCarty wiyh McCarties.

My CE22 holds up to my Les Paul and SG.

I sold off a lot of guitars.

Now I only have becaus I love these:
2003 LP Standard
2012 SG Standard
CE22

I sold a ton of guitars including SG, LP, PRS model ls and Fenders.

Exactly
That's why my CE beat out my McCarty Custom 22. I coild always swap pickups.
May be cool to have a mahogany one.
The Alder has a subtle magic all it's own. I bought a Mahogany CE with the HFS/Vintage set and it seemed bland compared to my 1st year CE with Alder. I'm a fan of Mahogany so it's a big deal for me to say I prefer the Alder CE's.

The Alder has a subtle magic all it's own. I bought a Mahogany CE with the HFS/Vintage set and it seemed bland compared to my 1st year CE with Alder. I'm a fan of Mahogany so it's a big deal for me to say I prefer the Alder CE's.

Interesting. Me too. Big mahogany fan, yet my first year Alder CE rocks.
To be honest, my 2003 Custom 22 also disnt compare to my CE22. Odd.
It even beat my 2001 McCarty. That's why I always kept the CE22.

Wonder if the SC can compare or be as good.

What about a mahogany with Dragons?
Still not good enough?
https://reverb.com/item/35364441-paul-reed-smith-ce22-maple-top-1997

I have a CE22 Standard, so all mahogany but with a maple neck, and Dragons. Best tone I own. I can't say if the maple top changes the tone compared to what I have, but I wouldn't trade my CE Standard for a Private Stock.
50t8fWx.jpg

AP515. Good to know and thanks for the info.
I just Don know how different any other CE would be from my CE.
I see solid mahogany and mahogany with maple top.

I have a CE22 Standard, so all mahogany but with a maple neck, and Dragons. Best tone I own. I can't say if the maple top changes the tone compared to what I have, but I wouldn't trade my CE Standard for a Private Stock.
50t8fWx.jpg

I thought you were saying the Alder CE22 had a magic? But this all mahogany is the best tone?

I am not sure what to do.

Back