1st VOX Wah-Wah Demo 1967

I had a 1967 Vox wah. It was pretty darn cool.

I used it so much by the '80s I broke the treadle. It literally cracked into two pieces.

So I threw it away, right? It was just old junk. Little did I know. I didn't find anything that approached it until 2002, when I got a Teese Picture wah.

Of course, I sold that, because clients hated wah tracks. Later I got a couple of Fulltone wahs that I actually liked more due to less of the 'vomit' sound. I got those for my own amusement.

I have a Thomas Organ Cry Baby that I got in partial trade for this old Peavey amp I had, when I was in high school - early 90s? By then it was already pretty beat up. It sounds a lot like the wah pedal in that video, where the highs just eat up all the available audio bandwidth. In the video, when they said, "make your guitar sound like a sitar" and all of a sudden the guitar drowns everything out with that awful spikey high frequency distortion? That's this pedal I have. It's mostly just been kicking around the last 20 years - needs to be electrically refurbished. I just never think about that thing, and should probably look into its provenance or something.

I did the same thing to a 70’s Vox fuzz wah! Your comment just made me look up what they are selling for.

F@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ck!

I bought a Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Wah Face off a friend's big brother for $15 when I was about 15. He had bought a new (1979) crybaby, and didn't want the old one. I think it's up around $400 or so now. Very cool sounding wah.

It’s cool that you found that old recording. Agreed that the sample is annoying at first, it’s interesting that they demoed (likely unaware) the “cocked” wah sound. It’s hard to imagine what this sounded like to people when there was no wah heard previously.

Some of that is pretty funny.

Aside from bad wah application there are some pretty tasty licks in there.

Thanks for posting.

I had a 1967 Vox wah. It was pretty darn cool.

I used it so much by the '80s I broke the treadle. It literally cracked into two pieces.

So I threw it away, right? It was just old junk. Little did I know. I didn't find anything that approached it until 2002, when I got a Teese Picture wah.

Of course, I sold that, because clients hated wah tracks. Later I got a couple of Fulltone wahs that I actually liked more due to less of the 'vomit' sound. I got those for my own amusement.

I have a Thomas Organ Cry Baby that I got in partial trade for this old Peavey amp I had, when I was in high school - early 90s? By then it was already pretty beat up. It sounds a lot like the wah pedal in that video, where the highs just eat up all the available audio bandwidth. In the video, when they said, "make your guitar sound like a sitar" and all of a sudden the guitar drowns everything out with that awful spikey high frequency distortion? That's this pedal I have. It's mostly just been kicking around the last 20 years - needs to be electrically refurbished. I just never think about that thing, and should probably look into its provenance or something.

I did the same thing to a 70’s Vox fuzz wah! Your comment just made me look up what they are selling for.

F@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ck!

I bought a Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Wah Face off a friend's big brother for $15 when I was about 15. He had bought a new (1979) crybaby, and didn't want the old one. I think it's up around $400 or so now. Very cool sounding wah.

So hard to know which pedals may become valuable someday...or even why. I mean...20 years ago you could get a Klon for 300$ (If you could convince Bill to sell you one). Even those 50$ horrible Korg Miku pedals are selling for $400+!!!

So hard to know which pedals may become valuable someday...or even why. I mean...20 years ago you could get a Klon for 300$ (If you could convince Bill to sell you one). Even those 50$ horrible Korg Miku pedals are selling for $400+!!!
I feel I missed out on the Miku pedals, and agree with you.

Back