1995 koa ce value

Whoa, that's handsome! Very similar to ours, except we don't have the birds. We have the same laminated body block, curly maple neck. What year is it - I can't quite read the S/N but it's a good deal lower than ours. That's the only other guitar I've seen that's very much like ours. Was it a custom, or were they doing that as a stock build back then?

Finally getting the photos uploaded in a day or two, so I'll be able to post them later this week.

Whoa, that's handsome! Very similar to ours, except we don't have the birds. We have the same laminated body block, curly maple neck. What year is it - I can't quite read the S/N but it's a good deal lower than ours. That's the only other guitar I've seen that's very much like ours. Was it a custom, or were they doing that as a stock build back then?

Finally getting the photos uploaded in a day or two, so I'll be able to post them later this week.

I bought mine 2nd hand years ago. I think it's a '95.

Ours is 479841 and we definitely bought it in 1994. If I read yours right it's 470153?? - the leading "4" would place it in 1994. So cool to see another one like ours!

I finally got some pictures moved online so you can have a peek - sorry it took so long, I won't even start to say why <g>...
Back to my original post - I'm trying to figure out whether this was a stock build or a custom, and try to get a reasonable range of value on it. I'm trying to help a friend whose husband died - she got the guitar for him in '94 and I remember him playing it weekends and writing songs. At this point I don't see any indication that it was a custom - standard flamed maple neck with dots - but I sure don't see many koa CE3's around, so I'm not sure just where to go with this.

http://www.pcresourcesvt.com/PRS.html

Tuners? You talking about the tuners or the SL adjusters at the bridge? What am I not seeing that I want to clean up? I'm ignorant about electrics - I was a violin maker for 20 years, but I only know about acoustic instruments.

Tuners? You talking about the tuners or the SL adjusters at the bridge? What am I not seeing that I want to clean up? I'm ignorant about electrics - I was a violin maker for 20 years, but I only know about acoustic instruments.

I'm just giving you a hard time about the excess wrap of string on the tuner pegs.

That is one of the most beautiful CE's I've ever seen, congrats! Never let it get away.

Miss my 95 Ce22. Why did I sell that one? :confused:
For some mystery reason the best trem of any PRS I ever had (around 15), additionally got my blood going with those Dragons and some distortion. Strat bliss.

Koa is the greatest for acoustics, if made with great care......I love my Goodall GC sitka / koa guitar.
That one will not ever go away. (For anybody that wants a small guitar that has huge tone and has a huge sweet spot to play easily try to snatch up a James Goodall GC).

Back