1994 CE

Hello all, I've been a forum lurker for quite awhile now 5 years IIRC. Just now made an account.I mainly would go check out the private stock thread. So new account, but familiar with a lot of the great people here.
I have two USA PRS guitars one is a Violet custom24 30th anniversary artist package guitar and a stunning HBII in slate blue. I guess, you can say 3 US made if you count the reclaimed vela of mine. That's such a cool guitar mine came with a perfect top though I was hoping for a gnarly looking top.
Anyhow, also have an SE custom I'm sanding down right now and fixing it's been a project for 2 years (it was my number one) and I left it for dead because someone packed the 59/09 pickup somewhere. JUST found it. My stipulation was that guitar will rot until I find that pickup. And finally, I have an SE Alex Lifeson. I didn't listen to all the warnings that say you can't just own 1 PRS. Atleast, I can't.

Anyway, all that aside my birthday is coming up August 17th and I always had the idea of getting a guitar that was built on my birth year. It would be even cooler if built on my birth month and day but, that's just a dream. I'm hoping I'm not going to have to to pay quite $2k or anything although, the CEs went up a bit I think. So maybe I'll end up having to fork that much out anyway. But, I'm having the hardest time finding exactly what I'm looking for. So, I figured I'd ask here and see If anyone could point me in the right direction and give me a base line price for a decent condition CE(I realize that's extremely hard to ask) . Used but not abused with huge chips throughout.
I want a CE-22 since I have a custom 24 and don't use those extra frets :) However, I'd probably end up paying a nice penny for one which sucks... maybe for my 25th birthday. I'm 22 years of age so, I should have got a 1994 CE-22 for my 22 birthday. But, if I recall I was looking around and didn't see any. So, realistically I'm looking for a CE-24 made in 1994. I've though about a black one since my guitar idol Alex lifeson used one. But, solid black isn't a color I like. I was looking for a blue possibly. But, the more specific I get the more money and likely, less chance of finding one to meet that criteria. A couple years ago on eBay I found exactly what i was looking for but went with the freaking Custom-24 wanting to go big for my first MD made PRS. EVERYTIME I look it's either 1993 or 1995 or some other reason I don't want the thing(damage)
I should add, the main reason I'm so concerned with PRS besides loving their tone,feel, looks smell and taste, I'm from MD and not to far from their original shop. They're about 25-30 mins away at their current location.
I'm incredibly sorry for those who read this whole huge message. And Mods, if you don't feel this belongs here since I'm mentioning I'm looking to buy a guitar, I apologize. I was mainly asking if anybody knew the best places to look. Thanks for your time and help.
Tyler, zombie thread here. Still want a 94? I have one I just got built in late 93. It’s black and has honest wear but really good condition overall. I don’t need it with my McCarty 594. Holler if you’re interested.

Back