1983 called and wants its PRS back.

More examples of inspiration, err.. or more like emulation for this guitar.

Seriously... That was pretty badass! Who wouldn't want a guitar made by the dude?

I love this thing... It's my vision of what my "Paul's Guitar" would've looked like.

Thanks Sergio, I want a Santana standard more than ever now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Make it happen!!! I know you know where to find one. :flute:

There are still 3 or 4 out there that I have been able to find. I haven't been able to confirm the fingerboard radius spec on the KID/japan run. I'm hoping it is 11.5" but I suspect it is 10". I am going to send PRS an email tomorrow and find out as it usually takes some time for me to hear back from Ikebe when I send an inquiry.

I think Sergio has started a trend, what would your 1983 PRS be like?

Ooh... I like it!

There are still 3 or 4 out there that I have been able to find. I haven't been able to confirm the fingerboard radius spec on the KID/japan run. I'm hoping it is 11.5" but I suspect it is 10". I am going to send PRS an email tomorrow and find out as it usually takes some time for me to hear back from Ikebe when I send an inquiry.

Lemme know when you find out! Really curious about those.

There are still 99 of these KL's floating around unmolested so go get one before there are only 98.
Too late I'm afraid...
smashfreakB_zps25e4758b.gif

speedholes_zpseb7c4663.jpg

Too late I'm afraid...
smashfreakB_zps25e4758b.gif

speedholes_zpseb7c4663.jpg

What the what?!?!

I gotta congratulate you and hear more about this guitar. Please tell me those are holes for LED lights... or just tell me what's up. You know I'm down! :eek:

What the what?!?!

I gotta congratulate you and hear more about this guitar. Please tell me those are holes for LED lights... or just tell me what's up. You know I'm down! :eek:
I know you'll be disappointed, though it's not my fine work! :laugh: It was on eBay some years back - guy said that the holes were done to make it more resonant. It went mighty cheap (I should have bid).
KGrHqVhcE477U7MRoBOYuUzf9g60_12_zpsq3w0un6b.jpg

KGrHqFk0E548mEVBOYuz8I1Q60_12_zps9bacrhlb.jpg

I know you'll be disappointed, though it's not my fine work! :laugh: It was on eBay some years back - guy said that the holes were done to make it more resonant. It went mighty cheap (I should have bid).

Ahh...

Whoever owns this out there... I call dibs! I'll buy it cheap!

^
Yes, KL33 owners - take your backplates off. Never know what you might find (especially if you snagged it for SE money.) :laugh:

KGrHqFk0E548mEVBOYuz8I1Q60_12_zps9bacrhlb.jpg

How long did it take him to train those termites?

By the way Serg - I gotta say I dig the legacy vibe you've come up with. Think Uncle Rico would really dig the 8̶2̶ ... umm 83. Love those old pre-factory mahogany guitars. Mystical.

I think it's a really cool idea. I'm a little dubious about that single coil adapter thing. But I love a simple non-flame, non-birds PRS, those are my favorites. I'm sure it sounds and plays amazingly. Congrats on a brilliant purchase.

By the way Serg - I gotta say I dig the legacy vibe you've come up with. Think Uncle Rico would really dig the 8̶2̶ ... umm 83. Love those old pre-factory mahogany guitars. Mystical.

Thanks!

I think it's a really cool idea. I'm a little dubious about that single coil adapter thing. But I love a simple non-flame, non-birds PRS, those are my favorites. I'm sure it sounds and plays amazingly. Congrats on a brilliant purchase.

Thank you. Yeah the adapter is pretty wonky lookin', but it reminds me of a few P-90 to bucker converted guitars I've seen. Not to mention it sounds freakin' great!

Back