'19 Custom 24-08 Black Gold Wrap

Give yourself just a little time to hear the difference. PRS are their own thing, not an F or a G. Several of us have sold our other instruments. Every other scale length just sounds out of tune to my ears. And that is one fantastic instrument! Be sure to post pics (even though I won’t).

Give yourself just a little time to hear the difference. PRS are their own thing, not an F or a G. Several of us have sold our other instruments. Every other scale length just sounds out of tune to my ears. And that is one fantastic instrument! Be sure to post pics (even though I won’t).

New avatar?

"'19 Custom 24-08 Black Gold Wrap"

I don't see how you could possibly have gone wrong!

Give yourself just a little time to hear the difference. PRS are their own thing, not an F or a G. Several of us have sold our other instruments. .....

This.

I can't tell you how many times (especially on other guitar related sites) where the poster bought their first PRS and made comments like, "It's beautiful and plays great, but it just doesn't sound quite right. My Fender sounds like..... and my Gibson sounds like ........ "

The Custom 24 guitars really are their own thing with their own tonality. Gibson has a sound. Fender has a sound and Custom 24 has a sound. When you plug into your amp, you're going to have to do some knob tweaking to get the tone you want.

Let it "percolate" through your brain. The beauty of the instrument can be overwhelming. The fit and finish really are amazing. Enjoy it!! But most importantly, play it and let the guitar's voice come to you.

I have a 24-08 and I feel pretty confident in saying you're going to love it.

FWIW I generally don't like the PRS factory set up. I can pick up virtually any new Fender and be fine with it from a feel standpoint. However, I NEED to tweak my new PRS to get it to feel right. I have 3 core models and an S2 and all of them took me about a week to get really "dialed in". Once I did, the playing experience was WOW!!!. But, my initial impressions were more reserved. Also, the pickups seem to be very sensitive to height adjustments, so part of your tone hunting may include some pickup height adjustments.

The guitar is endlessly tweakable. Keep that in mind as you get used to its voice and its feel. And please do not adjust the bridge screw height without first reading about adjusting a PRS trem.

Finally, CONGRATS!!!!! I am thrilled for you. Also, I feel some remorse for your wallet. If you really spend time with the guitar and let it sink in, there's a good chance this will not be your last PRS purchase.

This.

I can't tell you how many times (especially on other guitar related sites) where the poster bought their first PRS and made comments like, "It's beautiful and plays great, but it just doesn't sound quite right. My Fender sounds like..... and my Gibson sounds like ........ "

The Custom 24 guitars really are their own thing with their own tonality. Gibson has a sound. Fender has a sound and Custom 24 has a sound. When you plug into your amp, you're going to have to do some knob tweaking to get the tone you want.

Let it "percolate" through your brain. The beauty of the instrument can be overwhelming. The fit and finish really are amazing. Enjoy it!! But most importantly, play it and let the guitar's voice come to you.

I have a 24-08 and I feel pretty confident in saying you're going to love it.

FWIW I generally don't like the PRS factory set up. I can pick up virtually any new Fender and be fine with it from a feel standpoint. However, I NEED to tweak my new PRS to get it to feel right. I have 3 core models and an S2 and all of them took me about a week to get really "dialed in". Once I did, the playing experience was WOW!!!. But, my initial impressions were more reserved. Also, the pickups seem to be very sensitive to height adjustments, so part of your tone hunting may include some pickup height adjustments.

The guitar is endlessly tweakable. Keep that in mind as you get used to its voice and its feel. And please do not adjust the bridge screw height without first reading about adjusting a PRS trem.

Finally, CONGRATS!!!!! I am thrilled for you. Also, I feel some remorse for your wallet. If you really spend time with the guitar and let it sink in, there's a good chance this will not be your last PRS purchase.
Amazingly enough it showed up today! You're right its beautiful. Action is super high. Needs adjustments as you mentioned. The tone is sweet!

This.

FWIW I generally don't like the PRS factory set up. I can pick up virtually any new Fender and be fine with it from a feel standpoint. However, I NEED to tweak my new PRS to get it to feel right. I have 3 core models and an S2 and all of them took me about a week to get really "dialed in". Once I did, the playing experience was WOW!!!. But, my initial impressions were more reserved.

Curious: Which way(s) do you find you need to tweak the factory setup?

Back