'19 Custom 24-08 Black Gold Wrap

So day three... I love this guitar. Very articulate. It’s the easiest to play guitar I have...
I was worried about the neck being sticky... not at all. My Eric Johnson Strat neck now that’s sticky..
The eight pickup combinations are too cool..and to look at it is....well you know..Through my Fender Deluxe Reverb 68 reissue it’s a dream...very pleased!

Curious: Which way(s) do you find you need to tweak the factory setup?

For my taste, the action on 95+% of the new PRSi I have played is too high. For the four guitars I purchased I checked the neck relief and adjusted about a 1/4 turn. Then, I took the tension off the strings and lowered the saddles anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 turn on each of the adjustment screws. I only have one PRS with a trem (the 24-08) and I left the it alone; I liked it as it was.

For my HBII I adjusted the height of both Pickups (raised the neck a little and lowered the bridge a little). On my Vela I lowered the bridge pickup a bit. It's got a dirty, raspy sound that's between a traditional humbucker and a P90 and it really seems to be height sensitive. The Vela can go from raspy in a good way, to raspy in a bad way somewhat quickly. The Vela's voice is really unique and cool!

I didn't adjust the pickups on either the 594 or the 2408 as I thought they sounded really fantastic as is.

I like to let these things set in for a few days and then adjust again as desired.

Also, there was one PRS I pulled off the wall and it was just.....perfect for me. I almost bought it immediately, but I told my wife "no more impulse PRS purchases." I talked about it with my wife and thought about it for a few days, and in that time MA Pete (here on the forum) bought it. Sigh....... That was definitely one that got away.

So day three... I love this guitar. Very articulate. It’s the easiest to play guitar I have...
I was worried about the neck being sticky... not at all. My Eric Johnson Strat neck now that’s sticky..
The eight pickup combinations are too cool..and to look at it is....well you know..Through my Fender Deluxe Reverb 68 reissue it’s a dream...very pleased!

Straight into the amp or through pedals? My 2408 retains a LOT of clarity no matter how hard I push the amp, it's kind of absurd how I can still hear each string clearly no matter how much gain I throw at the amp.

Through a couple pedals. Which it works very well with...now I’m curious how it will sound straight into the amp...
Going up to try it now! Thanks.

Back