'15 McCarty PS

László

Too Many Notes
So...I couldn't help but notice from the new price sheet that there will be a McCarty PS with 58/15 pickups tricked out like the McCarty Singlecut!

And it can be spec'd with a TREM.

That's it, I throw in the towel. I'm in. That's for me. Period. End of story.

I am pretty much a trem guy myself. hmmmm. :)

I rarely use a Trem, but when you don't have one, and a project comes in where you need one, well...I've been lucky so far. I could always borrow something, but I do better work using instruments I've practiced with.

Do it.

I can't live without a trem, I grab that sh!t like a baseball player grabs his... you know.

I rarely use a Trem, but when you don't have one, and a project comes in where you need one, well...I've been lucky so far. I could always borrow something, but I do better work using instruments I've practiced with.

I am not a big user either, I like the tonal signature and feel of the term more than anything else.

I am not a big user either, I like the tonal signature and feel of the term more than anything else.

Yup. It's a different vibe. Then, too, there are times one needs to wiggle a whammy bar!

I've thrown my hat in the ring.

Last edited:
Yea, wow this sounds amazing. I love short scale guitars with trems, though they are hard to come by. I don't know why they don't just offer the core 245 with trem. I guess they're always going for the Gibby crowd and sound.

But for me, a guitar with out a trem just feels wrong. It's not like I'm doing push-ups with it, but need it there for little wiggles, subtle dives on grace notes, etc..

I'm in on this model if my wallet can take it!:top:

Yea, wow this sounds amazing. I love short scale guitars with trems, though they are hard to come by.

I see the PS McCarty with available trem...but it looks like it's 25" scale length.

On the other hand there may be many DGT's out there with no home. Maybe PRS should hire Sally Struthers?

If Sally Struthers married Dick Smothers she'd be Sally Struthers Smothers. Say Sally Struthers Smothers ten times really fast.

Looks like they do not come with mammoth ivory birds like the SC's...

Time to get new glasses, Mike, here's what's in the price sheet:

"Carved figured maple top, mahogany back, 25” scale length, 22 fret mahogany neck, figured maple bound Madagascar rosewood fretboard,Madagascar rosewood headstock veneer,mammoth ivory bird inlays &headstock Eagle, bone nut, Phase III locking tuners, flat jumbo fret wire,PRS stoptail w/ brass inserts, nickel hardware, paisley hardshell case."

Back