What was your very first PRS...??

My first ever PRS was an SE Custom back in like 2008, always wanted a core but never thought I would own one. Then a few years later, I found my dream PRS at a pawn shop in Colorado.

5nKiZ9C.jpg

sGcqtiV.jpg
I have the same one except its a 2007. It gets more play time than my 7 other axes. My first and only PRS..... got it for 150 bucks!

Not at all! No whining from this guy.
It Kind Of Sounded A Little Bit Like Whining To Me But It Just As Easily Could Have Been That Sexy Thong You Wear On Special Occasions Bunching Up A Bit And Making You Irritable. ;)

One Free Pass Token Granted And A Coupon For 10% Off Your Next Private Stock Build.

Can We Hug It Out Now?

:)

It Kind Of Sounded A Little Bit Like Whining To Me But It Just As Easily Could Have Been That Sexy Thong You Wear On Special Occasions Bunching Up A Bit And Making You Irritable. ;)

One Free Pass Token Granted And A Coupon For 10% Off Your Next Private Stock Build.

Can We Hug It Out Now?

:)
Absolutely!

Just send me a covered 5909 and you'll hear no more. D1 accepted too.. or it's pics cause it did happen!
Well, the only 59/09s I have are in the DC-22, and they aren’t leaving that guitar. The D1s aren’t leaving the CE-22. And, I destroyed the pics! But, I do know where a couple of covered 59/09s are that can be had.

Late to the party... My first was this one, an '89 Classic Electric in (allegedly) Pearl Black. It always looked blue to me. I found it in a local classified ad sometime in the early 90s, available for the princely sum of $750. Believing I'd never see a PRS for that price ever again, I had to go check it out! TBH I wasn't as impressed at first as I hoped to be. It had some imperfections that surprised me, but there was no denying that it was a rock beast and I couldn't pass up the price. It was my #1 for not quite a decade.

I did eventually let it go, once my stable had grown and I wasn't playing it much any more. Thought it deserved more love than it was getting and moved it on to another home about 9 years ago. I miss it a little from time to time:

blue-classic.jpg

Oh I know it's not proper English lol But I think my dad thinks it's proper and I think it has to do with his schooling in the 50's in South Texas (I may be wrong). In that way, being related to profession, it makes sense (Schooling per era dependant). I mean, in my experience some school teachers have their own way of teaching. One may tell you to write your name and date on the top right corner on the sheet of paper, another would tell you that's incorrect and tell you to write it on the lower left side of the high border on that sheet of paper. Both would argue their way is the right way and likely learned from their original elementary school. Imprints..

And yes, they are common, I agree but my dad never uses just a normal singular period or exclamation point or two. It's always 3 periods or 3 exclamation points is what I meant. Also my dad puts a space in between the periods/exclamation points and the sentence so an example would be:

"Son ,,, How Are You Doing Over There ???"

And

"We Just Saw Turkeys On The Way Out & Your Mother Says We Will Be Later Today ... Make Sure You Give Us A Call Around 7 Tonight !!!"

It's an interesting thing to see for sure. I feel like it's a rare thing to see. Hey, now that this comes up, I remember when I was younger every line my Dad typed on a computer had double spaces between each word which was also interesting.
At this point I'll just point out I'm grateful nobody here makes a habit OF SCREAMING IN ALL CAPS.

My first PRS was a se.. perfect gateway drug. I actually called the guy the next day to thank him. After that it was over. I ran through a bunch of se, modding the hell outta em. It was a good time, and one day I picked up another se Cu24 with plans to go full tweaker on it.. and said why not score a core Cu24? The hunt was on! A few se were moved and while driving to my girlfriend's parents house a couple states away I made a detour..

I was demoing it and my girlfriend looked at me and said, "Buy it, I don't want to hear about it the rest of the trip." She could see the love at first strum all over my face. It's still probably the best damn guitar I've ever played. It just rings different.

1000036998cfcd8cd2bf0f7807.jpg

Bogner's posts are an endurance course. He doesn't fully understand how difficult it is to read them.

It's too bad, he shares good info. I slog through them.
He shares good info? I wouldn’t know. He prides himself on the absurd pretension of capitalizing every word and condescendingly replies to everyone who comments on it. His style is intentionally problematic; for sighted users it’s challenging but for anyone using screen readers it’s a potential nightmare. I’m disinclined to engage in a conversation with anyone who tries so hard to make the experience uncomfortable. I ignore his posts.

Back on topic, my first PRS was a ‘95 CU24 in purple that I had when I was playing mostly EBMMs. Sold it to one of the guys in April Wine and picked up an EG3 with dominos I kept for a bit. Then I had an all gold Standard 24 stop tail for a bit. The bug really hit when I picked up my 25th Anniversary Custom 24 in 2010. Since then it’s been a slow but inexorable assimilation and all but a few of my guitars are PRS models now.

Last edited:
He shares good info? I wouldn’t know. He prides himself on the absurd pretension of capitalizing every word and condescendingly replies to everyone who comments on it. His style is intentionally problematic; for sighted users it’s challenging but for anyone using screen readers it’s a potential nightmare. I’m disinclined to engage in a conversation with anyone who tries so hard to make the experience uncomfortable. I ignore his posts.
I Had No Idea So Many People Were So Incapable Of Being Able To Read. How Could You Ever Read A Printed Or Cursive Hand Written Letter If The Style Wasn't To Your Liking? I Have Explained Several Times And Have Grown Tired Of Doing So And No Longer Will After This Post. My "Condescending Replies" (As You Call Them) Are No Different Than Your "Condescending Comments" Towards Me And The Same Can Be Said For Anybody Else Commenting If We Are Being Honest and Looking At The Big Picture Via The Same Light From Both Sides. There Is Nothing "Intentional" By Me Or From Me In Any Way To Make Life Miserable For Anybody. If You Can't Deal With The Way I Do Things Then That Issue Is Yours, Not Mine. I Don't Log In Here And Share My Information And Experiences With Gear, Etc. With Any Motive Whatsoever To Provide People With An Uncomfortable Experience. In Fact, I Go Out Of My Way To HELP PEOPLE Here On The Forum And I Enjoy Doing So. I Have Helped Many And If They Are Brave Enough To Speak Up They Would Agree On That (However I Am Not Asking Them To Do So). Your Mindset And Comments Suggesting I Am Doing Such A Thing Is (I Could Use Many Words Here) But I Will Settle On Short Sighted. ;) Obviously You Don't Ignore My Posts Or You Wouldn't Be Commenting On Or About Them. This Is How I Write. It Has Been This Way For The Huge Majority Of My Life. I Grew Tired Of Going Back And Lower Casing Virtually Every Word I Write To Pacify Everybody...Kind Of Like You Think It Is Difficult To Capitalize Every Word For You...No Difference. Imagine Me Bitching And Complaining That I Can't Read Everybody's Post's Or It Is Hard For Me To Read Things Because They Write In A Different Way Than I Do. Sounds Foolish Doesn't It? Has Society Become So Lazy And Conditioned To A Singular Thing That They Can No Longer Adapt And Function Outside Of Their "Perceived" Norm? That Says Far More About You Than It Does Me.

My first PRS guitar was a McCarty model that I bought used. It was the most affordable core line PRS guitar that I could acquire, having owned a lot of Epiphone and Schecter guitars previously. So it was a step upwards in my journey towards being the snobby corksniffer that I am today. hahaha But I think I photographed it more than I actually played it... because I was also into a particular style of photography at the same time.

TaylorRae_5460.jpg

Back