Need some advice guys...(PRS Special Semi-Hollow)

šŸ˜‚....It happens. So what did you end up ordering?

Iā€™m a pushover for stuff like this, couldnā€™t resist.

UJ3pDmU.jpg

I added a Narrowfield to my Paulā€™s Guitar, see my avatar. No problem with the pick hitting other than the strings. PTC added a mini toggle that controls the middle pickup (off/on/middle only). I donā€™t understand the decision for wiring the SSH with the selector middle position choosing both HBs. I think the middle NF sounds great by itself. Iā€™ll readily admit that middle position was always my favorite on the strat that I had as a youngster. So, obviously, your experience could be different. The SSH is a sweet looking guitar and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be plenty happy with its many tones if you pull the trigger on the one youā€™ve found.

I added a Narrowfield to my Paulā€™s Guitar, see my avatar. No problem with the pick hitting other than the strings. PTC added a mini toggle that controls the middle pickup (off/on/middle only). I donā€™t understand the decision for wiring the SSH with the selector middle position choosing both HBs. I think the middle NF sounds great by itself. Iā€™ll readily admit that middle position was always my favorite on the strat that I had as a youngster. So, obviously, your experience could be different. The SSH is a sweet looking guitar and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be plenty happy with its many tones if you pull the trigger on the one youā€™ve found.
Third pickup on your PGā€¦..BRILLIANT

Did the PTC do that?

I really appreciate that sir. I don't think I've ever seen that customization to a Paul's model before, that is really cool! How did that process come about from thought to finish? I have to admit, I'm curious šŸ¤”

Well guys, here's the guitar I ended up getting, I want to thank you again for all your help. I couldn't get the photos to load automatically so hopefully this link works. Couldn't be happier. I have a few things I'm going to do to it when I receive it, starting with black pickup rings. Then possibly the hint for smoked chrome/nickel hardware, but I haven't made up my mind on that yet. I think it would look really cool, but we'll see. I still got a bit of a honeymoon phase to go with this beauty first šŸ˜‰

Well guys, here's the guitar I ended up getting, I want to thank you again for all your help. I couldn't get the photos to load automatically so hopefully this link works. Couldn't be happier. I have a few things I'm going to do to it when I receive it, starting with black pickup rings. Then possibly the hint for smoked chrome/nickel hardware, but I haven't made up my mind on that yet. I think it would look really cool, but we'll see. I still got a bit of a honeymoon phase to go with this beauty first šŸ˜‰
Congrats! I have heard nothing but good things about Moore Guitars!! Looking forward to the in house pix and tones!!!

Great guitar! Looks like they have a 72 hour trial period. That makes things much easier. I have returned a guitar that only had a 24 hour trial. I felt really rushed. I hope you enjoy it.

Great guitar! Looks like they have a 72 hour trial period. That makes things much easier. I have returned a guitar that only had a 24 hour trial. I felt really rushed. I hope you enjoy it.

Yes, that was a big part of my decision. And it even applies to guitars that are shipped, which it is in this case. The guys there are awesome, Rob was my rep, and he took all kinds of photos for me, got it all cleaned and polished before....great overall experience. Can't wait to get it! šŸ™‚

Congrats! I have heard nothing but good things about Moore Guitars!!
The guys there are awesome, Rob was my rep, and he took all kinds of photos for me, got it all cleaned and polished before....great overall experience. Can't wait to get it! šŸ™‚
The Emerald HB in my avatar came via Rob at Moore. I fully agree - he was awesome to work with, would definitely buy from them again!

Congrats Boz, I'm sure you're gonna love it šŸ¤˜

I actually had this exact guitar in my Reverb "favorites" for awhile, and was following it. Don't see a lot of yellow tiger Specials in 10 top with a good grain pattern like that. Glad to see it went to someone here in the forum šŸ˜‰šŸ‘šŸ»

I like this model; I had this one previously, an Artist Pkg with an ebony fretboard. But I decided to go with rosewood.

I think youā€™ll love the beauty you just bought! They really areā€¦well, special!

m08KMAf.jpg

I like this model; I had this one previously, an Artist Pkg with an ebony fretboard. But I decided to go with rosewood.

I think youā€™ll love the beauty you just bought! They really areā€¦well, special!

m08KMAf.jpg

Beautiful color! I can't wait to hold mine šŸ˜Š

I really appreciate that sir. I don't think I've ever seen that customization to a Paul's model before, that is really cool! How did that process come about from thought to finish? I have to admit, I'm curious šŸ¤”
It grew out of my admiration for the SSH, but with the knowledge that Iā€™d want to re-wire for the middle only option. Then I thought that I already had 2/3 of the pickups Iā€™d want and didnā€™t have the tremolo that I didnā€™t want with the PG. So I wrote an email to the PTC and got a pretty quick reply with a quote and explanation of how it would be wired. I thought about it for a day or so then shipped the guitar to Stevensville. When it was ready, I had the time so I decided to drive the hour to pick it up rather than wait a few days for it to be shipped back. I was glad I did. When I got to the factory, I saw a car parked in the spot that said it was Paulā€™s. I thought it was pretty cool to see his car and know he was in the building. I went in and said who I was and why I was there. The receptionist called for the guitar. A moment later, Paul walked out and said he was looking for a magazine to illustrate a point he was trying to make and went to the coffee table in the reception area. I didnā€™t know if it was cool to disturb him, and I felt a little weird about having ā€œhisā€ guitar modified. Call it paranoia, but I didnā€™t want to have to explain to him why I felt his preferred model needed alteration. So, I didnā€™t introduce myself or anything. I know, I was stupid to worry so much and missed an opportunity that I doubt Iā€™ll ever get again. Still glad I made the trip and was glad to get the guitar back as soon as it was done. And thatā€™s the story.

It grew out of my admiration for the SSH, but with the knowledge that Iā€™d want to re-wire for the middle only option. Then I thought that I already had 2/3 of the pickups Iā€™d want and didnā€™t have the tremolo that I didnā€™t want with the PG. So I wrote an email to the PTC and got a pretty quick reply with a quote and explanation of how it would be wired. I thought about it for a day or so then shipped the guitar to Stevensville. When it was ready, I had the time so I decided to drive the hour to pick it up rather than wait a few days for it to be shipped back. I was glad I did. When I got to the factory, I saw a car parked in the spot that said it was Paulā€™s. I thought it was pretty cool to see his car and know he was in the building. I went in and said who I was and why I was there. The receptionist called for the guitar. A moment later, Paul walked out and said he was looking for a magazine to illustrate a point he was trying to make and went to the coffee table in the reception area. I didnā€™t know if it was cool to disturb him, and I felt a little weird about having ā€œhisā€ guitar modified. Call it paranoia, but I didnā€™t want to have to explain to him why I felt his preferred model needed alteration. So, I didnā€™t introduce myself or anything. I know, I was stupid to worry so much and missed an opportunity that I doubt Iā€™ll ever get again. Still glad I made the trip and was glad to get the guitar back as soon as it was done. And thatā€™s the story.
I have that same pickup setup, only with a tremolo instead of a stop tail, on the 20th Private Stock Anniversary model (it came that way).

For beautiful and shimmery tone that's evenly balanced I feel it can't be beat.

Back