Does this prs look right?

J90

Hi all,
Looking at this prs 10 top special semi hollow and I noticed the gold screws on the middle pickup are on the top pick-up, in all other versions of this guitar it's the other way around
Is this right?
I
Thanks,
J

Thanks for getting back to me, not sure why this would be upside down?
Does the rest of the guitar look legit to you?

Cheers,
Jo

Maybe the seller took it out to examine the back, forgot which way it goes? Maybe that's how it was installed randomly at the factory? It doesn't really matter, AFAIK.

Guitar looks fine to me, I'd never have noticed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The guitar looks legit. I would question the neck and middle pickup too. They both look to be mounted upside down. I would want to measure their phase with the bridge pickup. I have not owned this model so I can't speak to whether this was done at the factory or by the owner. The good news is that it is easy to spin them around if they are supposed to be the other way.

The guitar looks legit. I would question the neck and middle pickup too. They both look to be mounted upside down. I would want to measure their phase with the bridge pickup. I have not owned this model so I can't speak to whether this was done at the factory or by the owner. The good news is that it is easy to spin them around if they are supposed to be the other way.
They are correctly mounted. At least that's the way the Ltd Editions (2) that I had were.

I can see in other photographs that the gold poles are up, or down, or both are silver. If for some reason you wanted to switch it, you could likely just flip it. Looks fine to me, otherwise.

Just acquired a 2022 specimen, with the neck pickup in that orientation. In the video on the product page (in contrast to the still pics), it's the other way around. Is it a difference that makes a difference?

You would have to mount the pickups legs up to flip the phase; turning the pickups 180 degrees will change nothing in full HB mode. It will change a bit in split-coil mode, though. PRS splits the coils with the screw coil inactive. It sounds better to have an active split coil further towards the neck

Edit: it's Sal Goodman, totally legit

It’s correct. Here’s a new one.

Back