What was your very first PRS...??

This looked like a great P90 guitar, and it is. Still have it and play it regularly.

Minimalist SE Soapbar 1.
h6C0Z6s.jpg

It was my first too. It was a great guitar.

Like Les, I was looking for a Les Paul when I first tried a PRS...

My first was a CU-22 trem I bought in '99. I wasn't crazy about the trem, so I returned it a few days later and got a CU-22 Artist Package Stoptail in DCB Quilt... Stunning guitar!

A few months later, I snagged a BRW Soapbar...

I sold the CU-22 a few years later when I bout an Artist III in Natural Quilt (I thought they were redundant)... I still miss both of those guitars...

Funny, both the BRW Soapbar and the Artist III now reside with the same forum member who just returned from Germany...
You tickle his feet and I’ll grab his guitars.

Singlecut Trem 10 Top. It Is An Amazing Guitar And I Still Love To Play It. I Remember Being In The Music Store And Was Looking For Something Different Than Most Of The Other PRS Guitars Out There So That Left Me With The Singlecut And A Santana As An Option From What All They Had In Stock. The Santana Was Great And I Wish I Could Have Afforded Both. What Ultimately Swung Me Towards The Singlecut Was The Gibson Lawsuit And The Possibility Of PRS No Longer Making Singlecut Guitars. I Was Hesitant To Consider The Singlecut Because I Had Not Had A Lot Of Enjoyment Playing Singlecut Guitars Prior. I Found Them Awkward At The Neck Joint And Most Of Them Left ME Wanting For More. When I Played The PRS Singlecut It Was A Whole New World. I Typically Preferred The Looks Of A Double Cut Guitar But I Was Able To Get Over That With The PRS. As I Said Earlier...Both The Singlecut And Santana Were Incredible And I Wish I Could Have Gotten Both. Had The Singlecut Not Been In Limbo (At That Time) I Likely Would Have Gone With The Santana For Familiarity And Looks Along With Its Amazing Playability. If I Recall It Was An Artist Package With A Stunning Top And It Was A Bit More Expensive. I Believe The Color Was Tortoise Or Maybe Lighter..Knd Of A Caramel Color. It Was Warm And Vibrant And With That Top It Was Exceptional Looking! The Singlecut I Went With Was A Lighter Fade Fade...I Need To See What Exactly It Is But They Sure Did It Right! It May Be McCarty Burst But Whatever It Is, It Is Exceptional. Sorry For The Rant...The Memory Lane Stroll Got Me! :)
After one line I couldn't go on reading, my mind didn't want to.

How/why do you do that, every word starting with a capital ? I'd go crazy trying to do that.

Like Les, I was looking for a Les Paul when I first tried a PRS...

My first was a CU-22 trem I bought in '99. I wasn't crazy about the trem, so I returned it a few days later and got a CU-22 Artist Package Stoptail in DCB Quilt... Stunning guitar!

By coincidence, I traded my CU24 in on an Artist II in Teal Black after about a year or so. I couldn't resist the 22 fret stop tail thing. It was a great guitar. The guy who bought it was an acquaintance whose hobby was building amplifiers, though he also had the first Dr. Z amp I'd ever heard - it was pretty impressive!

How/why do you do that, every word starting with a capital ? I'd go crazy trying to do that.
Bogner's posts are an endurance course. He doesn't fully understand how difficult it is to read them.

It's too bad, he shares good info. I slog through them.

By coincidence, I traded my CU24 in on an Artist II in Teal Black after about a year or so. I couldn't resist the 22 fret stop tail thing. It was a great guitar. The guy who bought it was an acquaintance whose hobby was building amplifiers, though he also had the first Dr. Z amp I'd ever heard - it was pretty impressive!
The 22 fret stoptail thing is real. Got three of them, and although I love trem equipped guitars, I only got one of those. The stoptail just works.

Mine was an orangy-red 1989 ce24, which I played and toured with for two decades. I sold it to a friend of mine, (who still has it) when I bought a 2008 McCarty Ted..it was an amazing guitar. Since then, I have been addicted to PRS guitars, and have owned over 30 different ones. My wife thinks I’m nuts…I guess I am!

Santana SE, which I'm loving. Got it for myself for this past Christmas, modified with Seymour Duncan "Frampton Comes Alive" (Peter Frampton signature humbucker set). I'm still 99% sure that it was used or damaged out of box item but sold to me new by Candyman Strings and Things from New Mexico. It has dings and such all over but you'd have to look closely to see that I suppose. That's okay because it's become my workhorse guitar, my main practice guitar. Once something is marked, that can sometimes alleviate the fear of something happening so maybe that's just fate.

Anyways, it was at a discounted price so I guess I can't whine too much. But yes, I took it to get a setup and fret work, plays like a dream and the pickups sound unbelievable. And maybe more importantly, it stays in tune no matter how hard I play or use the trem arm. All in all, it was a win and a great first introductory to PRS guitars. I'd recommend a PRS Santana SE to any first-timer.

Here is a demo I did, with my first PRS guitar...

And I got a PRS Silver Sky SE Purple with Maple Neck version. I haven't unboxed it yet, still waiting to get a case. Maybe this weekend or next I'll order one. I'm very excited.

The DGT SE is always on my mind for my third PRS guitar.

Last edited:
The 2011 Santana in my avatar. I saw it on the local craigslist for ridiculously cheap, and, being someone always on the lookout for seriously underpriced guitars, I immediately snagged it. The college kid selling it even delivered it to my house. He said he was going back to school in a few days and needed fast money for books, etc.

I had no previous experience with PRS, only knew about them from the people who played them (like Carlos). I was actually worried it might be a fake because it was so cheap. That's when I joined the Forum to find out if it was real (it's real). Then the rabbit hole opened in front of me and swallowed me whole.

...and now there are nine...

'05 McRosie (I put WCR Darkburst pups in it)
'08 HB Spruce (I put Benedetto pups in it)
'07 SC250
SE HB Standard
'09 Core Starla
'99 SAS (I modded the wiring; one push-pull to add the middle pup, a second one to split both humbuckers)
'15 Vela (modded by PTC for 3 D-Type pups. Their work order says "Prototype". I don't know about that, but it does have a legit pickguard and 5-way switching)
'99 CU22 Artist

The only one that wasn't a keeper was a gorgeous first year SC Artist that just couldn't bond with, so off it went.

Only a year ago! Thought that this nearly new '22 S2 594 SC from Dave's would have American quality & sound for a great price. And it does, at least acoustically. But still haven't really bonded with it (pups, flat top, body bevel, tuners, non-recessed cavity covers).

I quickly discovered others that I LOVE that give out great LP & Soapie vibes. The 594 is now an unloved child on loan to a buddy who's having a great time with it.

2023-01-16-at-9-30-56-AM.jpg

Cienna (brown) S2 Mira.

Funny thing is I was not looking for a guitar.
I was in a music store with a friend who was looking.
An amplifier caught my eye, but I had no guitar with me.
The store guy pulled an S2 Mira off the wall for me to try the amp.
The amplifier was not anything spectacular.
The guitar came home with me.
It's the one on the left.

WHz299K.jpg

My Dad does the same thing, it may be a generational thing? Maybe it was considered "Proper English" at their educational establishment at that particular point of time. It's kinda like how I was taught I'm school that the earth is hundreds of billions years old. My niece goes to (what is considered a higher grading) elementary school and they teach that the earth is only millions of years old.

My Dad also ends his sentences with "!!!" when he wants someone's attention and "..." when talking casually. You just get used to it I guess, it never bothered me, it is different but then again, no different than people audibly speaking with accents.

Back