What was your very first PRS...??

This looked like a great P90 guitar, and it is. Still have it and play it regularly.

Minimalist SE Soapbar 1.
h6C0Z6s.jpg

Singlecut Trem 10 Top. It Is An Amazing Guitar And I Still Love To Play It. I Remember Being In The Music Store And Was Looking For Something Different Than Most Of The Other PRS Guitars Out There So That Left Me With The Singlecut And A Santana As An Option From What All They Had In Stock. The Santana Was Great And I Wish I Could Have Afforded Both. What Ultimately Swung Me Towards The Singlecut Was The Gibson Lawsuit And The Possibility Of PRS No Longer Making Singlecut Guitars. I Was Hesitant To Consider The Singlecut Because I Had Not Had A Lot Of Enjoyment Playing Singlecut Guitars Prior. I Found Them Awkward At The Neck Joint And Most Of Them Left ME Wanting For More. When I Played The PRS Singlecut It Was A Whole New World. I Typically Preferred The Looks Of A Double Cut Guitar But I Was Able To Get Over That With The PRS. As I Said Earlier...Both The Singlecut And Santana Were Incredible And I Wish I Could Have Gotten Both. Had The Singlecut Not Been In Limbo (At That Time) I Likely Would Have Gone With The Santana For Familiarity And Looks Along With Its Amazing Playability. If I Recall It Was An Artist Package With A Stunning Top And It Was A Bit More Expensive. I Believe The Color Was Tortoise Or Maybe Lighter..Knd Of A Caramel Color. It Was Warm And Vibrant And With That Top It Was Exceptional Looking! The Singlecut I Went With Was A Lighter Fade Fade...I Need To See What Exactly It Is But They Sure Did It Right! It May Be McCarty Burst But Whatever It Is, It Is Exceptional. Sorry For The Rant...The Memory Lane Stroll Got Me! :)

When I was a teenager, I thought I'd learn how to play guitar. I got an Aria Pro II superstrat at the end of the hair metal era for $100. I never learned much beyond how to keep changing the strings on a FR. What I really wanted was one of those fancy-looking PRS guitars that I saw advertised in all of the magazines.

In 2019, I picked up a used Yamaha to start learning to play. By early 2020 I'd found joy in making noise along with commitment to a new hobby. I started looking into another guitar and did a lot of reading about PRS. Played a few. Couldn't wrap my head around $1,800 for a used Custom 24 or $1,600 for a used McCarty, so I bought a CE 22 for $1,200. I had no idea how much that CE22 would actually cost me over the next four years, in terms of time (both practicing and obsessively learning more about PRS) and money. I've now got 10 PRSi and more guitar paraphernalia than I have any reasonable need for.

That CE 22 is still a favorite. It's too heavy, it's got some signs of love, and it just feels right.

A 1991 Custom in Cherry Burst. I went to my usual store looking for a new Les Paul. The owner said he had a guitar line in that I should try. I was a little reluctant, I'd never heard of this brand, PRS.

I also didn't like that it didn't have a bound neck like my Gibsons.

But I played it, and of course bought it on the spot. I mean, how could I not? It was more of what I wanted than every other guitar they had in the store.

I don't have it any more, because I've been tempted by every freaking model PRS has come out with, and I've done a lot of buying and selling. That was probably stupid, but 'stupid' definitely describes my guitar-churning over the years.

And I still do it. I must like stupid.

Like Les, I was looking for a Les Paul when I first tried a PRS...

My first was a CU-22 trem I bought in '99. I wasn't crazy about the trem, so I returned it a few days later and got a CU-22 Artist Package Stoptail in DCB Quilt... Stunning guitar!

A few months later, I snagged a BRW Soapbar...

I sold the CU-22 a few years later when I bout an Artist III in Natural Quilt (I thought they were redundant)... I still miss both of those guitars...

Funny, both the BRW Soapbar and the Artist III now reside with the same forum member who just returned from Germany...

My first was a 2000 McCarty and it was a surprise gift from my wife.

Love the WF neck.

Next was cu22 then my 2011 cu24.

At this point sold most all my other guitars.

Then three 97 CEs.

Scored a mint 86 cu24. Absolutely incredible guitar!

Then 2010 Steve Fischer Angelus cutaway

Last.....2008 alder ce22

I've had a few prs guitars that I couldn't bond with and moved them.

Prs keeps releasing models that I really want.

DGT, Vela, Studio ( new or old) SAS..........onandonandon

Back