What is Goldtop listening to?

Re: What are you listening to?

This last week it has been a combination of Kisses on the Bottom by Paul McCartney and some classical music by Shostakovich.
Kisses on the Bottom is pretty good I think, nice guitar and harmonica and also some good bass.

Theres a guy on a Guitar forum in Australia that I am on who has just brought out an instrumental album and i am really enjoying it. Not much in the way of shredding, just some really nice melodic stuff and the video to their tune '130' is well worth checking out. They are called 'Meniscus'and their ep is called 'War of currents.' I ended up dowloading the EP on Bandcamp and haven't been able to stop listening to it! Lots of HD footage of the space shuttle and our tiny planet from way up there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKONNhMv ... plpp_video

Myself. (working on a project for Matt Artinger of Artinger guitars; have been mixing and mastering the audio portion, which includes this little untitled improvisation)

[youtube:304byfv2]296znXeFRC0[/youtube:304byfv2]

Steve Kimock. (who is helping me get a better handle on steel guitar and how to operate in fretless mode in general)

[youtube:304byfv2]tbpaqnW4IA0[/youtube:304byfv2]

Wayne Krantz (whose new CD I need to pick up)

[youtube:304byfv2]czCvvSuKncQ[/youtube:304byfv2]

Bill Frisell (saw him live recently for the umpteenth time; never a disappointment)

[youtube:304byfv2]Svzv-YkUzdk[/youtube:304byfv2]

Also, I got a free subscription to SiriusXM with my new Mini Cooper, and it's been set to the Jam On channel, so I've had a healthy dose of Warren Haynes, Phish, Jimmy Herring (in various different bands), moe, and suchlike.

416H8VV8JZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jim Campilongo-Orange
Oli Brown-Open road
Ray LaMontagne-Till The Sun Turns Black
Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart

I've been on a post rock.. instrumental kick lately.

Marriages -
Red Sparrowes
Rosetta
65 days of static
Russian Circles - Empros
[youtube:2gj2ralp]Pz2xybjTUrQ[/youtube:2gj2ralp]

David Grissom - Various Solo and Band Cuts
UFO - Strangers in the Night
The Who - Live at Leeds & Hull
Les Paul & Mary Ford - Various
Buck Owens - Various
Marty Stuart - Various

Goldtop

[youtube:1knjtzv7]M8lL0TbItBc[/youtube:1knjtzv7]

Jimi Hendrix-Winterland,Opeth-Heritage,Uli Jon Roth-Beyond the astral skies,Jean-Paul Bourelly-Trippin and Patto-Hold your fire

Shawn@PRS said:

Oh yeah. Nice!

A couple of weeks ago, Marty and His Fabulous Superlatives did a cover of this one on his RFD show.

[youtube:1jr8ma04]ZP7EVw55HrU[/youtube:1jr8ma04]

Goldtop

Shawn@PRS said:
That's awesome! I'm glad to see some folks are keeping traditional country music alive.

Same here. I think they're great musicians, and I respect and admire them for what they do. And who knows; if they keep at it long enough, maybe they'll be able to get the "right" brand of guitars someday! :lol:

Goldtop

SANTANA - SHAPE SHIFTER - out today!!!

Classical Music of the next millenium. Aspire to his playing.

Back