The Guitar Gear Rabbit...Black Hole

That Works Great Until It Doesn't Work Anymore. Once That Happens You Have Eyes On You Non Stop And You Can Never Sneak In Anything Again. Be Careful On That One...LOL.
Haha!

Once when I had a much larger analog rig with console, tape machines, etc., a friend said to my wife, "How did you feel about Les building a studio in your house?"

She replied, "He sneaked the whole thing in one cable at a time."

Another time she came into the studio, pointed to a piece of gear, and asked, "When did you get this?"

I said, "I've had it for a long time."

She said, "What's a long time? Like, five minutes?"

I guess she really doesn't mind all that much.

The Jets just added Aaron Rodgers' four snap season, or one snap if referring to his Achilles tendon ;), to their own No Good Stuff Summary.

They're not-happy. Very not-happy.
Always a huge rivalry between the Vikings and Packers, so I never liked Aaron Rodgers. But, always had to admit he was a great QB. Never like to see any player hurt on the field, especially when it could be career ending. Which is why I will always HATE the New Orleans Saints - paid their defensive players bonuses to hurt opposing players, and increased the bonuses if the opposing player had to miss the rest of the game. Sorry if there's any Saints fans here.

I remember telling my then wife I was going to the "hardware store" as we were software engineers ... I came back with a Scholz stereo chorus/delay box ( which I still have) .. She started to complain , when I commented ... What ..It's Hardware not software... duck quick .. but argument won

Haha!

Once when I had a much larger analog rig with console, tape machines, etc., a friend said to my wife, "How did you feel about Les building a studio in your house?"

She replied, "He sneaked the whole thing in one cable at a time."

Another time she came into the studio, pointed to a piece of gear, and asked, "When did you get this?"

I said, "I've had it for a long time."

She said, "What's a long time? Like, five minutes?"

I guess she really doesn't mind all that much.

Repeat after me -

“What?! That old thing” (smirk, giggle)

Jeff Beck said in an interview about his collection ..his then wife gave him the ME or Guitar(s) ultimatum ... He said it was an easy choice .. yep ..made the same one.. .

really , seriously ,, I mean come on this is the last one ......finally a "workhorse" that handles all the sonic bases , I've grown very fond of her , I think because she is very similar in looks to my first electric ('79 LP Custom in Natural Birdseye maple) , plays -sounds-looks better , is more comfy and light. I'm quite surprised of the dozen guitars I've aquired in the last year, this one has really bonded .. and I didn't even really want a single cut ....
PRS_Singlecut_Trem_RW_Neck_Justin_08.thumb.jpg.a86026353b60b40dc192e993840bfa77.jpg

I had dinner with my Son, grands and X they asked me why I don't hire a gardener? "" well I enjoy working in the yard , and it would take $$ away from guitars" Don't you have enough? You can only play one at a time !

" If you went to the Louvre, and they had only one painting , would you be satisfied? " ... I replied .... they stopped asking ??'s

The last year has been a great diversion from the bench , I am by nature always looking to improve things .. it's what my career was all about at HP.
Now that the weather is more tolerable it's back to the shop to finish 2 Koa guitars with P90's and an F5 Mandolin

Hopefully that will quell the GAS addiction until the 40th anni's come out .. .... I suspect per Paul and John Mc the Q switch will find it's way into a few models .. should be interesting to see what's next

Last edited:
Back