Two guitars at PTC for me

Hint #1: I love Teles.
Hint #2: I love 80's Charvel style super Strats.
Hint #3: One of these guitars will donate organs to the other.

I will play!

Ok, my guess: you are donating the "organs" from the SAS to the NF3. I say this because the NF, with the longer scale, is more of a strat platform. From there, you are adding either a Floyd or filling in the trem cavity and doing a hardtail. Might be wayyyy off....but that is my guess!

NF3
  • Floyd Rose
  • Switch pickup config to NF in the neck and 5909 in the bridge
  • New pickguard

SAS
  • Switch pickup config to NF in the neck and bridge
  • Plug the middle pickup and holes left by existing HB route for neck and bridge pickups
  • Refinish the body and neck

SAS Disassembled:
SASdisassembled.jpg

Middle pickup plug:
SASblock.jpg

Mockup:
SASmockup.jpg

I love threads like this one. Will be interesting to see how the route for the neck pickup is managed.

I went to bed last night dreaming up a new PTC project. It's addictive.

I have been most curious about installing the NF in the neck of the SAS. On a SASNF, since the pickup rout is not set as deep into the body, they had to have a little extra wood on the back. Like this:

722_SmokeBurst-4.jpg

So, what's the PTC going to do to allow the neck to be properly mounted with enough support, yet still fill in the gap on the front remaining from converting from a full size humbucker to a NF?

Awesomeness! Can't wait to see both of these! Jeez....I picked a bad time to go back to school....PRS's new offerings are amazing and have me GASing like crazy and these PTC jobs have me wanting to pick up "project" guitars! haha

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;47179 said:
WOW! Those guys aren't wasting any time are they.

You ain't kidding! I just got this from Shawn a little while ago - new pickguard!

photo_zps1d050cc7.jpg

Back