PRS SE Sale and Reverb

CarolD

StartedTooLate
So, there is a store in FL that lists guitars on Reverb. They had a Iri Blue SAS that I was interested in, but it's listed at full price. I messaged them asking if they would honor the PRS 20% off sale and they said they "are unable to honor the sale on reverb but we are in our physical store." Has anyone else encountered this? There are plenty listed with the 20% discount. And I guess it's a moot point. It sold already.

Cheers

I've not seen or heard of that before. That being said, I have called stores direct to place an order over the phone. They seem a little more willing to deal that way as the are avoiding Reverb fees. Plus, many out of state stores won't charge sales tax over the phone. Win, win in some cases.

I agree with both of you for sure. I was just surprised that the store wouldn't honor the discount on Reverb when it looks like lots of retailers are. Seemed peculiar. And I know the Reverb fees to the seller now are what, 8-10%?

When I bought my SE HBII Piezo around a year ago, it was on Reverb, already discounted (they listed it as used/mint, but I knew it was new-that's a game retailers play to avoid MAP), so I called the shop and offered another 8% less than the price on Reverb. They accepted it right away. I only bought on Reverb once and I'll never do it again.

If you're gonna buy new, go Sweetwater. They have some freedom to work with you on pricing or extra free stuff. I only use reverb for used stuff primarily. Reverb can be expensive sometimes too, I will find dealers that charge over MSRP every now and then. They can't offer much on terms of discounts either since reverb fees are not great.

Psa, reverb is owned by Etsy, and if you are familiar with Etsy and their ridiculous fee schemes, you'll know how bad it can get for sellers.

Heck even sweet water lists stuff on reverb now. As much as it sucks for reverb: their fees are higher and many dealers are willing to work with you directly on their own website. In this case reverb is only used for searches

And as others have said. Reverb is great for used. For new it’s less so, but when in doubt: mark something you are interested in as a favorite and you may be surprised by offers.

If you're gonna buy new, go Sweetwater. They have some freedom to work with you on pricing or extra free stuff. I only use reverb for used stuff primarily. Reverb can be expensive sometimes too, I will find dealers that charge over MSRP every now and then. They can't offer much on terms of discounts either since reverb fees are not great.

Psa, reverb is owned by Etsy, and if you are familiar with Etsy and their ridiculous fee schemes, you'll know how bad it can get for sellers.
I was going to buy my SE HBII from Sweetwater, but my sales rep couldn't match the price from the store I ultimately bought it from.

Sweetwater has been my go-to. If there’s an exceptional offer they can’t meet I have used
Reverb, hoping to avoid the “too good to be true” sellers. But I just bought my last guitar. I’m done

Heck even sweet water lists stuff on reverb now. As much as it sucks for reverb: their fees are higher and many dealers are willing to work with you directly on their own website. In this case reverb is only used for searches

And as others have said. Reverb is great for used. For new it’s less so, but when in doubt: mark something you are interested in as a favorite and you may be surprised by offers.
Sweetwater has a division within the company that has been posting things on Reverb and eBay for years. They started doing it on eBay before reverb existed. I found out about it when I bought a pedal from them. They were using this outlet to sell items that had been returned.

I recently discovered that the SE DGT isn't the only SE that is not included in the SE sale. It looks like the SE Paul's Guitar is also not part of the sale.

All that time and development for TCI SE pickups? Just wondering out loud when it comes to Paul’s. I always assumed it cost more because of the time it took to develop the pickups/wiring. It is still my favorite SE. so versatile

All that time and development for TCI SE pickups? Just wondering out loud when it comes to Paul’s. I always assumed it cost more because of the time it took to develop the pickups/wiring. It is still my favorite SE. so versatile
Hmm.. Just thinking out loud. I don't know about all that.. maybe core, but se, not as much. What I think is weird, I've seen a few, very few, sePauls on sale and there's no mention of the Paul's being excluded in the official press release like the DGT

Back