The Southern Rock Thread

I fortunately don't have direct experience, but the lowdown blues of "Cheatin' Woman" is great. I love this line: "You love every man with pants on. Yes a dozen to you is too few." What a dig.

I think the OP said I was slacking a while back;)..so to redeem myself...thought I would bring the heat...BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Redecks and motorcycles..just like milk and cookies...

And for the Coup de gras (that means a merciful death blow. The translation for my non French speaking southern brethren) I give you...

Last edited:
This guy is one of my new personal favorites...Boscoe France...he has a killer style! Not to mention he slings a PRS these days...to top it off he just so happens to be sharing the stage with our fearless leader PRSh;) Good stuff fellas!

These guys (Black Stone Cherry) are doing their best to keep the fire burning. Not to mention, they are probably some of the nicest and most humble guys you will ever meet. They haven't taken off in the states as much as they have in Europe. Going to check them and Gov't Mule out in May. It's not for everyone but, it's got a great beat and you can dance to it:D the first one is a kick a$$ song IMHO. The second was the single that got them noticed. The last one is a "party anthem" recorded at Download Festival in England a few years back. Chris in particular, is a hell of a guitar player and a great frontman in his own right. He also is a HUGE PRS fanboy...which earns him extra points in my book.;) if you aren't already familiar with them...It'sworth a listen for sure.

Saw these guys last summer with Blackfoot, The Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, The Charlie Daniels Band and Lynyrd Skynyrd these tore it up!!!!

Th
Saw these guys last summer with Blackfoot, The Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, The Charlie Daniels Band and Lynyrd Skynyrd these tore it up!!!!

Man! That's kinda like winning the friggin Southern Rock lottery! IMHO anyway...

Most of the original players in all of those bands are taking a dirt nap! Except Rickey Medlocke who would just stay on stage and play for all the bands. Heck, Molly Hatchet is in name only, kinda like Fuel and several other bands. Kinda crappy when you pay to see a band and get a high paid tribute band instead.

Most of the original players in all of those bands are taking a dirt nap! Except Rickey Medlocke who would just stay on stage and play for all the bands. Heck, Molly Hatchet is in name only, kinda like Fuel and several other bands. Kinda crappy when you pay to see a band and get a high paid tribute band instead.

Skynyrd is doing their farewell tour now. Gary is the only original left. Well, you can kinda count Ricky on a technicality since he played drums with them in the very early days. Was recently talking about it with my brother and it hit us that Johnny has been in the band for over THIRTY years now.

The nearly complete changeover of personnel doesn't usually turn out so well, but the Allman Brothers Band has been the biggest exception to me. They were still an incredible band to the end with only Gregg, Jaimoe, and Butch left from the original crew.

Skynyrd is doing their farewell tour now. Gary is the only original left. Well, you can kinda count Ricky on a technicality since he played drums with them in the very early days. Was recently talking about it with my brother and it hit us that Johnny has been in the band for over THIRTY years now.

The nearly complete changeover of personnel doesn't usually turn out so well, but the Allman Brothers Band has been the biggest exception to me. They were still an incredible band to the end with only Gregg, Jaimoe, and Butch left from the original crew.

I would strongly second that statement about ABB

New Blackberry Smoke is out. Great album, seems to have an overall darker feel to it compared to their past work.

It includes a studio version of this awesome tune with Robert Randolph:

https://www.facebook.com/skyvillelive/videos/vb.1588125848068653/2028993183981915/?type=2&theater

I think the new studio version is even better:

BBS is quickly becoming my favorite band. I can't quite remember if a friend mentioned them or if I just ran across them on youtube(CRS is quickly setting in), but wow, they are the real deal. I love that they can take any of their songs and turn it acoustic without missing a beat, a sign of a great band imo. Charlie deservedly gets the most attention as their chief writer and lead singer/guitarist, but Paul is no slouch himself with those great harmonies and guitar work. I've added One Horse Town, Ain't Much Left of Me, Pretty Little Lie, and Sunrise in Texas to my basement setlist.

Last edited:
Back