Tattoo advice

I'm one of those who probably shouldn't answer. I agree with that AP515 said above... see a great looking woman then see graffiti... nah. But, it IS your body and you can do what you want. So then my only issue becomes, are you absolutely certain that what you want now is what you want for the rest of your life.

My sister (who is a very good looking woman!) got several tattoos when she was in her early 30s. So first, not a kid anymore so maybe a better... more well thought out decision perhaps, than someone younger getting them to be cool and not thinking long term. She later gets into banking and becomes a successful branch manager of a bank. She immediately have to buy some new cloths to "hide" the tattoo (on her upper arm). After about 5 years on the business and never being able to wear a sleeveless dress, blouse or outfit of any kind, she started the process of having them removed, which cost more than getting them done did.

I'm going to be real honest here. I know very successful people that have them. But in some business environments, if you go in for an interview with ink showing, you won't get the job. Nobody will SAY that, but it's true. So, there is more involved than whether or not you like them or think it's cool. In some careers it won't ever matter. I some, it will.

I should also say, I already have "natures tattoos" (freckles) and I have A LOT of them, so I don't need anymore. Heck, I wish I didn't even have what I already do! LOL I wish I could get these removed! :D

Get some tattoos like this guy.

Allen%20Malpica_1481916337451_51628017_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Tattoos don't have the same perception or appeal they once did. Over 50 years ago tattoo'd people were perceived as scary, lawless or a military/sailor man who had seen all manner of naughty lifestyle while traveling the world. Today every dingbat teenager and his/her mom has ink. It's laughable. So, here is my 2 cents worth of advice. If you are genuinely a bad ass MF'er, get some tattoos depicting something relevant to mankind's doom or demise (swords, knives, skulls, bones etc.) and then rock on! Otherwise, skip the modern day fad and buy more guitar gear.

yeah, I know MANY people who got them and were sorry later on. There were all kinds of things I did when I was younger because I thought they were cool at the time. But none of them permanently altered my appearance. And despite how trendy and popular they are now, depending on your career path of choice, they can influence your career/income/etc.

I'll again ad the "your body, do what you want" clause, but I won't say any more because it seems you've made up your mind.

Tnx everyone. I don`t want to be scary o do it because my friends did.
I like guitars, not play them but just have them. So i think some cool guitar picture would be good.
What do you think about this one http://tattooimages.biz/picture/362...lack-ink-under-skin-guitar-tattoo-on-forearm/

You're gonna need to be a certified guitar god to rock a tattoo that claims you have a guitar for bones... that tat creates an expectation of talent that only a few members here could live up to. I'm not one of them.

That brings up another point to consider. Any tattoo which has lines that are supposed to be and stay straight (like the guitar neck and strings), or that has a realistic depiction (like a loved one's face), needs to go where later body changes (like more or less fat/muscle than you have now) won't distort it into an unwanted mutation.

I've stayed out of this for now because I have dissenting opinions. Here's my advice....live for now because no one knows about tomorrow.

You're gonna need to be a certified guitar god to rock a tattoo that claims you have a guitar for bones... that tat creates an expectation of talent that only a few members here could live up to. I'm not one of them.

That brings up another point to consider. Any tattoo which has lines that are supposed to be and stay straight (like the guitar neck and strings), or that has a realistic depiction (like a loved one's face), needs to go where later body changes (like more or less fat/muscle than you have now) won't distort it into an unwanted mutation.

People learn what kind of guitars I own and they naturally assume that I know how to play them well. Happens all the time. I just tell them, "I can't play really good, but I can play really loud!" hahaha

Being the resident contrarian, I'm not going to talk you out of an ink job.
I love my tattoo, nobody ever comes up behind me.

One of the hottest trends in tats is the celebrity face..................I mean everybody loves Lucy......right?

...or you could go with one that gives you an automatic catch phrase..............."Say hallo to my little frien"

...........or "watchu talkin' bout Willis"

........ even ones without catch phrases are cool too...........

........you can even go mashup on them with a Mettalica/Marx bros kinda thing.................

......oh man the options are limitless!!!!

I'm going to get a full-body tattoo of a taller, thinner, handsome guy. And he's musical - in a duo, I think. Yep - with a 9-inch pianist.

You, probably wright.

You mean something like this one? http://tattooimages.biz/picture/412...ored-forearm-tattoo-of-guitar-with-lettering/

Tattoos don't stay sharp...we don't stay in shape either.....and I know I shouldn't, but first thought is they look a bit slutty on a girl

Takes self discipline for your future self now not to have one it seems

If you really want a tattoo go for it. Just pick one that has meaning.

Back