QUESTION ON PRS NF3 GUITAR

henryparsons10

I am a first time poster here but am hoping that some of you PRS veterans might be able to answer a question of mine. I have been looking at a PRS NF3 guitar that is for sale on line. However, the NF3 insignia on the head stock is in cursive instead of the standard block text. It is the only example of this I can find with the cursive lettering

Can you help me understand what year / model this guitar is?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Not clicking on any links here, nor do I suggest anyone else do that. Plenty of photos available showing NF3 headstocks.

No worries. I understand the hesitation. Still, can you help me understand the difference? As a note, I removed the link.

prs-nf3-04.png

Should look like this. All I have seen are this way. It’s possible someone had a custom truss cover made. The rest of the guitar is pretty distinctive, so you can ID them easily.

Noted.

So, what you are saying is that PRS did not make an NF3 where the NF3 text was cursive? I am referring to the actual tag on the headstock from your image above.

I’m saying that I’ve had one, and have seen many. I’ve been shopping for another one at a reasonable price for a good while. All I’ve seen have that truss rod cover with the bold block lettering. It is possible PRS had a different TRC… but I’ve never seen one. The model was only available for a few years, so there wasn’t much variation in that short period. That’s all I know to pass on. There are other NF3 players here, so perhaps they can help too.

I want to say that I've seen a few NF3's with the cursive/script "NF3" on the truss-rod cover. (I've likely seen these on Reverb.com, since I've never owned or played an NF3, myself.) But I do know what you're talking about...

I appreciate your input here. The guitar is listed Reverb actually. I have decided to take a chance on it. Reverb has a good return policy and if it arrives and doesnt seem legit, I am willing to eat the return shipping cost. Honestly, I am probably overpaying a tad for it at 2100.00 but there are so few of them around and I have been itching for one for awhile now.

If it's real, it won't take you long to figure it out.

I just searched reverb and it must have been removed already as the only two I see have block NF3 TRC's, like mine.

I actually got to talk with the seller by phone. Great guy. I already have the tracking number in hand.

The different TRC was something he added custom. He is sending the old one with the guitar.

I will definitely show it off when it gets here. Super excited!

I stumbled upon a 10-yr old new old stock NF3 in a store a few months back. NF3’s sound like nothing else - literally. The top-end detail and overall clarity, I mean, wow. I hope you’ll love yours as much as I love mine.

I just picked one up that has DC3 on the TRC and hangtag but also states Narrowfield pickups. Very strange.

Back