My PRS Experience NF3

TFC

That guitar really tied the room together
I took off the pickguard on one of my NF3s and found the word "Experience" written on the sticker underneath:

4LsXcgB.jpg

The guitar was made on 9/9/2011 so with a little research I found that there was a PRS Experience 2 weeks later. The NF3 was first introduced the year before and there's nothing special about this guitar so I was curious why it would have been set aside for the PRS Experience. Then I found the press release from PRS and it turns out that that was when they made birds available as an option for the NF3 and DC3. So, since this could possibly be the first NF3 with birds and it's from PRS Experience it's definitely a super rare collectible. If I ever sell it I'll be sure to jack up the price by $$$$. :rolleyes:

I just thought it was interesting to discover the provenance of a 11+ year old guitar I bought used a few months ago from a dealer in Japan. Maybe it was set aside for a Japanese dealer at the event?

Anyone else find something similar in a pickup cavity?

Here's the guitar (the white one w/birds :cool:)

vxbKfer.jpg

In those days they had extra capacity so always had a bunch of guitars for Experience that the dealers could pick for their tables. That year NF3 was proudly displayed along with some killer quilt CU24.

I literally backed my car up to the warehouse to load up after the Saturday sales shut down.

In those days they had extra capacity so always had a bunch of guitars for Experience that the dealers could pick for their tables. That year NF3 was proudly displayed along with some killer quilt CU24.

I literally backed my car up to the warehouse to load up after the Saturday sales shut down.

Huh - I was strong enough to carry my stuff to my car.

Now, I’m tempted to take a peak under the pickguard my NF3. The sticker on its case shows DOM: 09/02/11. Made only a week earlier. Hmmm. Mine is black with maple neck and dots.

Now, I’m tempted to take a peak under the pickguard my NF3. The sticker on its case shows DOM: 09/02/11. Made only a week earlier. Hmmm. Mine is black with maple neck and dots.
Would be curious to see if you find anything.

My Paul’s Guitar is a prototype from when they made the TCI/nitro switch (‘18 I think). In the pickup cavity, it has the handwritten initials PRS inside, as though Paul did some work on it. If I ever get the chance to meet him, I will ask if those were likely his initials or if someone else who works there also has the initials PRS and has the guts to use them to sign stuff. If he did work on it, it would be interesting to know what he did to it.

Back