PRS USA Mark Tremonti Signature Demo

No, but he has a signature acoustic from another company, and he has had quite a few PRSses. He should.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. I knew he was in Creed but not Alter Bridge. I may have to give them a listen.

Believe me you should, I've seen Miles Kennedy (Alter Bridge' singer) with Slash in a concert here in Lebanon, he has a great voice
and great presence plus he can shred with the best of them...

Believe me you should, I've seen Miles Kennedy (Alter Bridge' singer) with Slash in a concert here in Lebanon, he has a great voice
and great presence plus he can shred with the best of them...

Yes he can, check out his Mayfield Four tracks for his pre AB work. The killer duel solo from the AB album Blackbird, song with the same name is Myles at first, with Mark coming in and both of their work on that tack is fantastic. Some guitar magazines top guitar solos of all time voted this as the #1 all time best solo. Even being a fanboy I disagree, but it is really great stuff.

http://youtu.be/yz_j7nVCJJ0

I've wondered the same thing. I think there are more metalheads in other places, especially in European countries. The American music scene is just not skewed toward well crafted rock anymore. Most of the stuff I hear on the radio is just so generic and dumbed-down, and then there are great bands that make awesome songs with lots of feel and great playing and texturing, yet get minimal radio play. The satellite radio in my car was active for a while, and there was some fantastic new rock and metal on a couple of the channels, it was refreshing. I should reactivate it.

It's going to sound really stupid when I type this, so try not to write it off. I've noticed that bands with lower and mid tone voices tend to do better in the US where the bands with vocalists at higher registers do better overseas. I know that that sounds kind of stupid but if you look at what's big rock and metalwise there compared to here it actually makes a lot of sense.

I don`t care for metal, but my #1 guitar is now a Tremonti SE Custome with USA Core Mira pickups. They split, and I get the balls for blues solos. Next purchase...core Tremonti Custom. I wasn`t crazy about the Tremonti at first, but if you take it on a gig, turn it up and wail, it`s got its own voice because of the thick body and thin neck. Gets me compliments soundwise., and I know it ain`t my playing.

I didn't really know anything about Mark, Myles or Alter Bridge before I started to play guitar. I then discovered Tremonti through PRS. I discovered Myles through his use of Diezel. I managed to put them together and THEN discovered Alter Bridge. How did I miss them for so long??? Some of their songs are some of my favorites....ever.....

Blackbird, Before Tomorrow Comes, Broken Wings, Ghost of Days Gone By, One Day Remains, Open Your Eyes, Watch Over You.

Need some recommendations for more AB songs, and similar groups!!!!!

-Kevin

I didn't really know anything about Mark, Myles or Alter Bridge before I started to play guitar. I then discovered Tremonti through PRS. I discovered Myles through his use of Diezel. I managed to put them together and THEN discovered Alter Bridge. How did I miss them for so long??? Some of their songs are some of my favorites....ever.....

Blackbird, Before Tomorrow Comes, Broken Wings, Ghost of Days Gone By, One Day Remains, Open Your Eyes, Watch Over You.

Need some recommendations for more AB songs, and similar groups!!!!!

-Kevin

Great list of songs, I can put my iPod on Alter Bridge and just hit random play all songs from all albums. Now I have a playlist called M&M that includes all songs from Creed, AB,Mayfield Four, select songs from Slash and both of Marks solo discs. Lots of great tunes in there.

If you're looking for similar music I've enjoyed using iHeart Radio, create an AB station and let the music find you. Breaking Benjamin, Audio Slave, Staind, Shinedown, etc.

It's going to sound really stupid when I type this, so try not to write it off. I've noticed that bands with lower and mid tone voices tend to do better in the US where the bands with vocalists at higher registers do better overseas. I know that that sounds kind of stupid but if you look at what's big rock and metalwise there compared to here it actually makes a lot of sense.

Been like that for years, especially in the prog / metal arenas. Dream Theater plays in small arenas here and plays in soccer stadiums in Europe. Bands that take the main stage here with a warm up act are often the opening act in Europe. Different musical tastes I guess.

I'm kind of surprised that he has multiple signature models in all lines. I really didn't think he as a player was a huge draw . . . but is he that popular?
To be honest, I'd never even heard of Mark Tremonti before I bought my first PRS or either of his bands.

It's an age/era thing. If MTV still played videos and promoted music, many more great bands would get more exposure. Age wise, if you're not still in your first two decades and are completely out of school, there's less of a social environment for new music exposure.

Enter iHeart Radio, Pandora and any decent new car will come with satellite radio free for a few months, I find nearly all new music there because regular free radio plays the same 12 songs all day.

Sorry about the rant.....if you've been into hard rock and metal your whole life, you've had to go looking for it.

Last edited:
I was watching Alterbridge yesternight as I recorded Download 2014 at Donnington yesterday.
I saw the two hour recap of the three day event last year, but wanted to watch it again.

Download 2015 should be coming to Palladia network before too long.

PS, I listen to Pandora too in my rig on the drive home.
Great way to hear bands you may have never heard before.

It's an age/era thing. If MTV still played videos mad promoted music, many more great bands would get more exposure. Age wise, if you're not still in your first two decades and are completely out of school, there's less of a social environment for new music exposure.

Enter iHeart Radio, Pandora and any decent new car will come with satellite radio free for a few months, I find nearly all new music there because regular free radio plays the same 12 songs all day.

Sorry about the rant.....if you've been into hard rock and metal your whole life, you've had to go looking for it.

This is so very true. I was lucky enough to stumble into a little music shop in the Chicago suburbs called Impulse Music many years ago. It was a hard rock/heavy metal/etc only shop. The owner was great and turned me onto a lot of good music from Europe and some cool US bands. The best thing he got me into was Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine. They had great write ups and reviews on metal music from all over the world. Alas, the owner of Impulse packed up and moved to Colorado and opened up shop there. And, BW&BK ceased releasing their magazine. They are a web only publication now. I hit up their website a couple of times a week (www.bravewords.com) for news, reviews, etc. And I still look at www.Impulsemusic.com weekly for new and upcoming releases.

There are a lot of cool bands out there making some really good music, you just have to look a little harder. Thank god for the internet.

Been a Tremonti fanboy since Creed came out in 1997. I was 11 at the time and it would be 2 years later that I actually picked up a guitar. I'd say Mark , Jimi Hendrix and Adam Jones are the ones who inspired me to pick up an axe.

Had a CE24 then went through a long LP phase. Got one of the first Tremonti Customs and was back on the PRS bus. Lik Raven, I sold all my LPs but the 2001 Gothic studio. She was the first. Won't let her go.

I've had 2 Tremonti Customs. Great guitars. Currently own 2 core Tremontis and 1 SE Tremonti Custom. Thinking of selling some gear to fund an AP Tremonti.

In regards to the current music scene in the USA, I feel like the Rock scene had died too much. Not sure how it is around the whole country but our local "modern rock" station has essentially turned into classic rock. Love the music they play but it's almost all 30 years old. No new bands and barely any play of new singles. I watch Palladia and see all these awesome festivals and wish that stuff happened here more. Ok rant off

Buy a Tremonti. You won't be disappointed.

Sorry that I keep derailing this thread!!! For any prior Three Days Grace and Staind fans out there, the new Saint Asonia record is pretty awesome......

Porcupine Tree, Spock's Beard, Transatlantic, Rush, Dream Theater, Buddy Guy, Jethro Tull, Steven Wilson all with new music that is really great. Being 50 and into prog is kind of cool in a weird way. BTW, Steven Wilson who plays PRS but is not endorsed is an amazing player.

Actually, when I met John Wesley, he said PRS was kind enough to give him and Steven guitars, so if that's not endorsed, it's at least "subsidized".

You are right. I guess I was thinking of it from a signature model perspective. Regardless, both amazing players.

Back