PRS USA Mark Tremonti Signature Demo

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I follow this guy's demos, and he just uploaded a new one.

Published on Aug 3, 2015

Mark Tremonti's signature guitar from PRS has been on my "must-get-hands-on" list for awhile! Chunky, high gain Les Paul-style tones combined with the ability to do whammy acrobatics and still stay in tune - what's not to like? Read the full review here:
http://sixstringsamurai.co.nz/2015/...-tremonti-signature-a-better-creed-of-guitar/
Signal chain:
PRS USA Mark Tremonti Signature Guitar
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Ownhammer Mesa V30 IR
Scuffham Amps S-Gear 2 (lead delay only)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried a few...the thick body + thin necks just don't work for me.

This. I love Tremonti and his music but I just can't get his guitar to work for me. If they made a shallower bodied one (similar depth to a custom or the old SE Singlecut), I feel like I could get along with them better. Oh well.

Bring back the 250 singlecut and I will order one today.
Not the Artist Package or Private Stock, but just a good old Core SC 250 with an adjustable stop tail and two all black uncovered pickups, and a pattern thin neck.

A core Tremonti hard tail is probably my next guitar purchase.

I'm with you man! Holding out till some bills are paid off and hopefully hit my quota for the year so I get some bonus $$ coming in.

Love my Tremonti. I'm not usually a fan of the thinner necks, but this one is working for me. The neck tone is killing it. Body thickness isn't an issue (it looks paper-thin next to me anyway!).

Question from the Tremonti impaired newbie but I'm kind of surprised that he has multiple signature models in all lines. I really didn't think he as a player was a huge draw. I would imagine that this is a way to get more gear into the metal community but is he that popular?

I think he originally got a sig model when he was in Creed... pretty big following there at the time. And I think he still has a lot of draw with Alter Bridge, their albums really are fantastic if you like heavy, guitar driven rock. I feel that AB might even be more popular internationally than here in the US, so there's probably plenty of international sales.

I should try one of the SE Tremonti Customs again sometime. I played one briefly but not with the intention of really seeing what it was about. Thin necks, maple necks, and trems are usually not my thing, but maybe it'll surprise me.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. I knew he was in Creed but not Alter Bridge. I may have to give them a listen.

I think he originally got a sig model when he was in Creed... pretty big following there at the time. And I think he still has a lot of draw with Alter Bridge, their albums really are fantastic if you like heavy, guitar driven rock. I feel that AB might even be more popular internationally than here in the US, so there's probably plenty of international sales.

My understanding is that AB has a significantly larger following outside the US. I don't know why they didn't really get the commercial success here in the US. Great band with two great guitarists. The singer, Miles Kennedy, also singers for Slash's solo work.

My understanding is that AB has a significantly larger following outside the US. I don't know why they didn't really get the commercial success here in the US. Great band with two great guitarists. The singer, Miles Kennedy, also singers for Slash's solo work.

I've wondered the same thing. I think there are more metalheads in other places, especially in European countries. The American music scene is just not skewed toward well crafted rock anymore. Most of the stuff I hear on the radio is just so generic and dumbed-down, and then there are great bands that make awesome songs with lots of feel and great playing and texturing, yet get minimal radio play. The satellite radio in my car was active for a while, and there was some fantastic new rock and metal on a couple of the channels, it was refreshing. I should reactivate it.

It would be interesting to know the differences between this and the Tremonti SE. There's a big (HUGE) cash difference between the two so I wonder how they compare? I can't imagine this guitar is better than my SE, I think the SE is a great tool and the finish is excellent (I'm not fussed on the fancy tops) so what decides the price?

Whole lotta stuff:
USA electronics verses overseas, quality of wood, construction, dryness of the wood.
The latter makes a huge difference in how the neck behavior effects it staying in tune.

Also the finish on the guitar.
I have a 2012 SE Tremonti Custom that is nice, but no way near the quality of my USA built 408.

Tremonti fanboy here and proud of it. He gets a decent amount of magazine coverage in print and online. He's in this months premier guitar issue.
His body of work from the lighter Creed into heavier twin guitar work with Alter Bridge with Myles to his full on metal solo Tremonti work covers quite a bit of ground. If you haven't given Alter Bridge and his solo albums a listen, you're missing out.

I sold all but one of my Les Paul's because I fell in love with my Tremonti models. I started out 30 years ago with the thin shredder necks of the Jackson and Ibanez brands. I always wanted an LP but the fat necks were a turn off. I bought them anyway and now I'm comfortable with different neck profiles. But the wide thin neck profile on a thick sustaining monster body with his high gain pups is just magical for me. It cleans up well, still have sick PRS tone woods and the neck pickup is a great compliment to the bridge. I'll receive my Tremonti Tribal soon and it'll be my 6th Tremonti. I have had two SE's, an artist package, my one off and now my Tribal.

The SE's are great value guitars for sure, but the USA models are better in every way but cost. So if you can bump up to a Maryland made Tremonti do it and don't look back. If SE is what your budget will allow don't hesitate. I modded both of my SE's and they are great guitars.

Last edited:

I should try one of the SE Tremonti Customs again sometime. I played one briefly but not with the intention of really seeing what it was about. Thin necks, maple necks, and trems are usually not my thing, but maybe it'll surprise me.

Yes AB have a massive following here in the UK, they easily sell out massive arenas and their albums sell min their masses. My local guitar store has just taken one of these in part ex so I went and had a go on it. If I wasn't saving for a wedding then I'd of bought it there and then.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. I knew he was in Creed but not Alter Bridge. I may have to give them a listen.

Give his solo albums a listen, too - great stuff there.

I've been baffled by the minimal exposure AB has gotten here. I thought Myles being w/Slash would have given it a boost, but it doesn't seem to have made much difference.

Thanks for all of the info guys. I will give it a shot. Anyone know if they will ever make a Steven Wilson model? That buy rocks!

Back