MT 100

Tremonti says he wanted it to look industrial, and took the look from an old Rolls-Royce grill.
Yeah, I don't see that resemblance at all. Weird reference.

I’d say it will almost certainly be made overseas. $2K ain’t what it used to be when USA Archons were going for that much. Which, don’t get me wrong, I’d like a USA version, too. But there’s too much going on here to do it for under $2K in a USA build.
I concur - The Archon 100W Heads were under $2K originally, but that was, what, 9 years ago?

But hey, if they can find a way to cram three separate amps into a chassis, all assembled in the US, for under $2K, they are geniuses!

My guess is at best expect pre-assembled Circuit Boards made overseas, maybe final assembly in Stevensville.

I think that there was a lot of bang for the buck there. I like the look. I like the idea of the three independent channels. Also, the price point seemed very fair given the market. My Friedman JJ Jr was $1600 and does not have nearly as many features.

I think that there was a lot of bang for the buck there. I like the look. I like the idea of the three independent channels. Also, the price point seemed very fair given the market. My Friedman JJ Jr was $1600 and does not have nearly as many features.
Neither does my Revv G20 and that thing cost a pretty penny, too.

I can't believe more people aren't on this topic anywhere hahaha... I think they gave up hope, we're lulled to sleep waiting on what they think is a myth.... But it's here now. I would assume they will make cabs, hopefully they are close to what the PRS stealth cabs were and with the same grill as that finalized Amp would look great.

I have the Archon so 2 of those three channels are covered already, and while I REALLY want one, I don't want to pay $2K for a D channel. Unless it's Louis Electric Cobra good... then I'd consider it.
It sounds nothing like an Archon, or at least the old 100 I have. Archon cleans are like glass, whereas the Fender cleans are much more opinionated. The high gain channel on that thing is more like a Badlander than the hot-rod Marshall thing that the Archon has going on.

I couldn't really get a good sense of the Dumble channel, will have to wait for it to come out, but at the teased price it's gonna be hard to not talk myself into getting one.

I mean, an old Marshall is just a slight revoice of a Bassman, right?
Yes, but, when Tremonti was interviewed on the MT15, he said they took the OD channel direct from the Archon and he dialed it the way he wanted it to sound, and then said to Paul "make it sound like this with all the knobs at noon." So for example, the treble was at 2:00 or 3:00 and he wanted his version to sound like that when treble was at noon. Maybe the mids were at 10:00 and he wanted that sound at noon, or whatever the preferences were. Then Paul dial the amp to sound that way with all the knobs at noon.

And if I'm not mistaken, the clean channel was taken directly from the Archon with no mods. So, if they have changed the clean channel for the new model, no mention of that yet, and, same for the gain channel. Initially this was just going to be a high powered version of the MT15. IN fact, initially he said it would be the front end of the MT15 with a 100 watt power stage. Later he decided to add the D voiced channel. But so far, no mention by him or PRS of changing or re-voicing either clean or gain channel. Guess we'll see if it's brought up, or if people start mentioning one of those two channels sound different and they address it.

Yes, but, when Tremonti was interviewed on the MT15, he said they took the OD channel direct from the Archon and he dialed it the way he wanted it to sound, and then said to Paul "make it sound like this with all the knobs at noon." So for example, the treble was at 2:00 or 3:00 and he wanted his version to sound like that when treble was at noon. Maybe the mids were at 10:00 and he wanted that sound at noon, or whatever the preferences were. Then Paul dial the amp to sound that way with all the knobs at noon.

And if I'm not mistaken, the clean channel was taken directly from the Archon with no mods. So, if they have changed the clean channel for the new model, no mention of that yet, and, same for the gain channel. Initially this was just going to be a high powered version of the MT15. IN fact, initially he said it would be the front end of the MT15 with a 100 watt power stage. Later he decided to add the D voiced channel. But so far, no mention by him or PRS of changing or re-voicing either clean or gain channel. Guess we'll see if it's brought up, or if people start mentioning one of those two channels sound different and they address it.
Maybe my Archon is different then, the clean doesn't sound like a Fender, the way Tremonti described ch 1 of the mt 100, and ch 2 on it sounds different than the mt 15 I tried. Not just the EQ, but the actual gain structure. The MT was more coarse, the Archon is tight and refined, kinda like an old Dual Rec meets a high gain Marshall.

What Is Up With The Low Budget Looking Logo? That Looks Absolutely Hideous!
No more hideous than this one fronted with chicken wire...

Wouldn't be my choice of amp, but not because of looks, because of how it sounds. Nothing like a Dumble. And the high gain channel has that clanky metal sound I don't like, though others do, and more power to them!

At that price, of COURSE it'll be made overseas.

Last edited:
No more hideous than this one fronted with chicken wire...

Wouldn't be my choice of amp, but not because of looks, because of how it sounds. Nothing like a Dumble.

At that price, of COURSE it'll be made overseas.
The Soldano Logo At Least Looks Like It Cost $8.00 Where The PRS Logo On The MT-100 Looks Like It Cost $.39 At Most. ;) Aesthetics Have Come A Long Way In All Kinds Of Design Capacities From the 80's When The SLO Was Designed. The Cosmetics On The MT-100 Isn't One Of Those Advancements. Looks Won't Prevent Me From Buying It But IMO The Archon Looked Much Better As Does Most Every Other Amp Choice Out There On The Market Today. YMMV

The Soldano Logo At Least Looks Like It Cost $8.00 Where The PRS Logo On The MT-100 Looks Like It Cost $.39 At Most. ;) Aesthetics Have Come A Long Way In All Kinds Of Design Capacities From the 80's When The SLO Was Designed. The Cosmetics On The MT-100 Isn't One Of Those Advancements. Looks Won't Prevent Me From Buying It But IMO The Archon Looked Much Better As Does Most Every Other Amp Choice Out There On The Market Today. YMMV
The PRS logo on the MT is the same as the ones on The HXDA and DG30 that cost a lot more. So what.

The original Archon was US-built. Looked great, cost more in today's money. This one will be made in China no doubt. The money spent on the grille might matter.

The Soldano was just as hideous when it was introduced as it is today. My amps from that era looked a lot better.

But that doesn't matter, either. People got used to it and now it's 'classic'. People who buy amps for looks - oh I admit I have done so many times - are suckers. I include myself in this category.

;)

The PRS logo on the MT is the same as the ones on The HXDA and DG30 that cost a lot more. So what.

The original Archon was US-built. Looked great, cost more in today's money. This one will be made in China no doubt. The money spent on the grille might matter.

The Soldano was just as hideous when it was introduced as it is today. My amps from that era looked a lot better.

But that doesn't matter, either. People got used to it and now it's 'classic'. People who buy amps for looks - oh I admit I have done so many times - are suckers. I include myself in this category.

;)
And I Think The MT-100 Looks Like @$$ And The Logo Looks Cheap. It Won't Prevent Me From Buying One If It Sounds Good And Is Made In The USA. (And I Hope It Does And Is). Just Because I Comment On An Amps Looks Doesn't Mean I Am Buying Or Not Buying On Those Same Looks.

The Soldano Is A "Classic" As You Say Based On Its Sound, Not Looks. The Fact Soldano Has A Proper Warranty Is Also A Nice Thing. There Are A Lot Of Good Amps That Look Like $h1t. My Question In All Of This Is Why? Again...YMMV :)

Back