Amp to go along with archon 100??

Hm2city

Hey guys didnt know where to post so made a new thread. Pretty sure there’s a thread somewhere similar to this. You can direct me if not then well here’s the thing.
I’m looking to get another amp so a buddy of mine can play with us in a band. Saw couple of archon 100 in reverb but havent pulled the trigger. Love the archon very very much and have owned the 100 watter since 2016 but at the same time i was thinking of getting something different thats as good as archon both clean and dirty channel. Btw we play punk rock and we use both the clean and dirty channel equally. In terms of heaviness the gain is set around 12-1 o clock.

Thanks guys for this wonderful community.

Maybe an MT-15, or the new MT-100 just for something a little different but in the same ballpark?
Man i was hoping you’d comment here.:):)
No hate to Mark and the amp but idk for some reason i have stayed away from mt15 and mt100.
I dont mind different brands.
What would your choice be bodia??

It’s not exactly what you’re looking for since you mentioned two channels, but a DGT with a pedal would give you another tone that you might like working with. It’s a great amp.

If you have to have the channel, maybe a Custom 50? It has a great 6L6 tone for you to play with.

If you can find one, a Landry LS30 offers incredible clean and dirt tones. When mixing amps, I don't usually recommend duplicating rigs. It's better to mix amp types to thicken the tone, IMO. You could consider a Tweed Deluxe or Tweed Super type amp with a dirt pedal in front. That would kill. Or even a Vox. That would kill.

It’s not exactly what you’re looking for since you mentioned two channels, but a DGT with a pedal would give you another tone that you might like working with. It’s a great amp.

If you have to have the channel, maybe a Custom 50? It has a great 6L6 tone for you to play with.
Never played the custom 50 but. Might not have enough gain. But then again havent tried one yet. Will have to look up some demos.
Thanks for the reply man!!

If you can find one, a Landry LS30 offers incredible clean and dirt tones. When mixing amps, I don't usually recommend duplicating rigs. It's better to mix amp types to thicken the tone, IMO. You could consider a Tweed Deluxe or Tweed Super type amp with a dirt pedal in front. That would kill. Or even a Vox. That would kill.
Will have to look up landry. Never seen one before but pretty sure i have seen the amp bring talked about here in the forum.
Thanks!!

EVH 5150iii is a similar amp to the Archon but will be voiced differently enough to compliment your sound and not be too different to be weird.
tried the combo version couple of years ago at gc’s used section. Might have been the ii tho. It is a contender nonetheless. I guess the only thing is it’s not as good as archon’s clean channel unless version iii has the better clean channel than the ii.

thanks for all the recommendations guys. Also i do prefer high gain amp with really nice clean tone. Should have specified that properly in the first post. With so many good high gain amps around have to say i am lost but gotta kill the itch since i have made up my mind to get one.
Thanks again guys and keep on recommending.

Man i’ve always loved vox. Used to own one but ended up selling which I obviously regret. Tried it dimed with ocd and it sounded real good but lacked the gain i needed but still it was awesome.

Cornford MK50 mkII if you can find one. Two channels with clean and overdrive. Kind of a modified JCM800 flavour with more gain.
Probably would have more grit than the archon

How Much Do You Want To Spend? There Are A Bunch Of Amps Available That Could Do What You Say You Need.

Diezel VH4, Herbert, Hagan, Einstein
Bogner XTC, Überschall, Helios Eclipse
Mesa DR, TR, Badlander
VHT/Fryette Ultra Lead
Soldano SLO 30/100
EVH 5153 Stealth Or EL34 Version

How Much Do You Want To Spend? There Are A Bunch Of Amps Available That Could Do What You Say You Need.

Diezel VH4, Herbert, Hagan, Einstein
Bogner XTC, Überschall, Helios Eclipse
Mesa DR, TR, Badlander
VHT/Fryette Ultra Lead
Soldano SLO 30/100
EVH 5153 Stealth Or EL34 Version
3k at most

Last edited:
Back