Amp to go along with archon 100??

I suppose it depends on if you have rhythm and lead parts, and who would be playing them, but in general, I think anything in the Marshall voice would be a good contrast for an Archon, or maybe a Mesa, a Mark or Rectifier amp set correctly. Friedman are great, and a friend of mine sounded really good with one of the newer Marshall DSL amps, in fact he preferred it over the JVM. 5150iii also a great option.

But, I would say maybe even more important than the amp, don't forget to think about contrasting speakers and cabs. Even different amps with the same speakers will sound very similar, and may struggle for the same sonic space.

Just get another Archon 100? That way there won't ever be any amp envy. They can be voiced radically differently with pedals, the EQ and even the power section setting.

Other than that a Mesa Mk V, but that might be out of the price range new, and not sure if I'd go with a used one if you don't know a good amp tech as they are very complex inside and can be tricky to work on from what I hear.

Pick Up A Used Dual Rectifier And A Peper's Dirty Tree Pedal And You Will Have All The Gain Tones You Could Ever Dream Of. You Have Clean And Dirt For Minimal Money And You Can Easily Do Your Stop And Go Punk Stuff And It Will Be Tight And Punchy. If You Can Find Another USA Archon That Is Always A Great Choice. I Think A VH4 Would Be Perfect But It May Be More Cash (Used) Then You Want To Pay.

IMO, Most Friedman's Are Too Polished For Punk Stuff. I Would Think You Would Be Leaning Towards Something A Bit Less Saturated And Slightly Dryer...Thus The VH4 Being My 1st Choice If Money Doesn't Matter. Good Luck In Your Search And I Hope You Find The Right Amp For You The First Time And For A Great Price. :)

Just get another Archon 100? That way there won't ever be any amp envy. They can be voiced radically differently with pedals, the EQ and even the power section setting.

Other than that a Mesa Mk V, but that might be out of the price range new, and not sure if I'd go with a used one if you don't know a good amp tech as they are very complex inside and can be tricky to work on from what I hear.
i was dead set about getting another 100w archon but thought i’d better not rush myself and get some options/opinions from you guys.
Yup speaker/cab does make tons of difference. There was a time when i’d never think about speakers and cabs but not anymore :):).
Pick Up A Used Dual Rectifier And A Peper's Dirty Tree Pedal And You Will Have All The Gain Tones You Could Ever Dream Of. You Have Clean And Dirt For Minimal Money And You Can Easily Do Your Stop And Go Punk Stuff And It Will Be Tight And Punchy. If You Can Find Another USA Archon That Is Always A Great Choice. I Think A VH4 Would Be Perfect But It May Be More Cash (Used) Then You Want To Pay.

IMO, Most Friedman's Are Too Polished For Punk Stuff. I Would Think You Would Be Leaning Towards Something A Bit Less Saturated And Slightly Dryer...Thus The VH4 Being My 1st Choice If Money Doesn't Matter. Good Luck In Your Search And I Hope You Find The Right Amp For You The First Time And For A Great Price. :)
Btw i do have pepper’s dirty tree and hm-too many clones and whole bunch of h2m clones along with 80s hm2 and the waza version.

Idk man if im to get diezel i’ll have to think about it
Top picks in no order
Archon100 again…
Diezel herbert or vh4
Oranger rockerverb 100

Back