Can the MT-15 Footswitch signal be passed through a wall box?

Ruben Bernard

I'm recording my MT-15 in the studio in a few weeks and I was wondering, if I plug the foot switch into the patchbay and run the signal through the wall into the room where the amp is, with a quarter inch from the wall into the amp, would that work for switching the channels? Just to make it a little easier changing between channels without having to go between rooms to switch channels... yes I'm lazy. But would that work?

I'm recording my MT-15 in the studio in a few weeks and I was wondering, if I plug the foot switch into the patchbay and run the signal through the wall into the room where the amp is, with a quarter inch from the wall into the amp, would that work for switching the channels? Just to make it a little easier changing between channels without having to go between rooms to switch channels... yes I'm lazy. But would that work?
If the jack on the wall is wired correctly, and if the switch is simply a 1/4" TS (I have no idea what connectors are on the switch for an MT15) , sure, it should work. I did something similar in my old studio; I had a floor box on a snake. Some I/O was XLR, some was 1/4". Worked fine.

It’s a simple latching footswitch with a mono cable, so it should be fine.

Personally, I’ve had the head in the control room via a long speaker cable, and liked that, too.

Back