MT15 lead/clean switch with Morningstar MC6

ThemBones24

Hi,
I'm trying to use a Morningstar MC6 midi controller to switch between lead (red amp lights) to clean (blue amp lights) settings. I also have Line 6 - HX Effects in the mix. But, for now I'm just trying to get the footswitch to work with the MC6 and worry about the CC channels (banks, etc.) on the HX Effects after. My question is should I be connecting a Ctrl out cable from either the MC6 or HX Effects to the footswitch on the back of the amp? I've seen someone on Youtube suggest to do this output on this via the Midi...but I'm hesitant to do this because the amp head says "only use PRS FS1M Footswitch". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have the mt15 and the Morningstar mc6 mkii…love em both…to do exactly what you want to do is what I struggled with.
Enter https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...VtBCzAB31oAWnEAQYASABEgLSifD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The voodoo lab control switcher works perfectly with the Morningstar. And most importantly it will change the mt15 channels without any noise problems whatsoever. I can’t remember the last time I used the mt15 footswitch.

My question is should I be connecting a Ctrl out cable from either the MC6 or HX Effects to the footswitch on the back of the amp?

You can use the "Pedal/EXT Amp" port on your HX Effect to the footswitch on the back of the amp to switch channels. MT-15 uses TS switching.

You can't do that with the MC6 out of the box. Morningstar now sells a $39.00 "Relay Interface" that will let you send TS or TRS messages through the EXP/Omni ports. That will do exactly what you're asking.

You can use the "Pedal/EXT Amp" port on your HX Effect to the footswitch on the back of the amp to switch channels. MT-15 uses TS switching.

You can't do that with the MC6 out of the box. Morningstar now sells a $39.00 "Relay Interface" that will let you send TS or TRS messages through the EXP/Omni ports. That will do exactly what you're asking.
Sorry, I had kind of given up trying to do this but now revisiting. Kind of surprised there's not more YouTube videos which shows exactly how to channel switch on the MT15 within HX Edit. I'm willing to try the Pedal/Ext Amp port and bypass the Morningstar. But, I'm hesitant to try this because the MT15 manual warns of using other footswitches. I'm assuming this is just a standard TS cable connection from the Pedal/Ext Amp port to MT15 footswitch?

Last edited:

You'll see in this video that the FS1M is just your basic latching footswitch. I don't know why the manual says not to use others.
Right, I was thinking the same thing. I guess that's PRS way of saying we don't support non-PRS made products.

Surprised there's not more MT15 examples of channel switching with Line 6 products and their HX Edit desktop software.

Actually, this example at the 9:00 minute mark works. The only issue is it produces a horrible buzzing sound when you turn the amp head on. Only goes away in Stand By mode so far.

Actually, this example at the 9:00 minute mark works. The only issue is it produces a horrible buzzing sound when you turn the amp head on. Only goes away in Stand By mode so far.
Yeah I was just reading that Line 6 doesn't isolate the ground on the switching system. So it can create a ground loop and induce hum when connecting to another amp.

Yeah I was just reading that Line 6 doesn't isolate the ground on the switching system. So it can create a ground loop and induce hum when connecting to another amp.
I just bought a Palmer Line Isolator to run between Ext Amp to MT15 Footswitch input. Hoping this solves?

Back