MT 100

dkilpatrick

Makes guitar faces
znhw5GQ.jpg

I’m just going to leave this here

What Is Up With The Low Budget Looking Logo? That Looks Absolutely Hideous!

Take That Back Grill Off Of The Front Of The Amp And Put Something Proper And Substantial On It And That Would Be A Big Help In The Looks Department As Well.

Can't Wait To Hear The Amp But That Grill And Logo Is Disaster IMO.

What Is Up With The Low Budget Looking Logo? That Looks Absolutely Hideous!

Take That Back Grill Off Of The Front Of The Amp And Put Something Proper And Substantial On It And That Would Be A Big Help In The Looks Department As Well.

Can't Wait To Hear The Amp But That Grill And Logo Is Disaster IMO.
Tremonti says he wanted it to look industrial, and took the look from an old Rolls-Royce grill.
I think it looked better with the false grills he had on it before the reveal

Tremonti says he wanted it to look industrial, and took the look from an old Rolls-Royce grill.
I think it looked better with the false grills he had on it before the reveal
There Is NOTHING Rolls Royce About The Look Of That Amp. As Ugly As That Grill And Name Plate Is It Won't Keep me From Buying It But It Is Definitely Lacking In The Looks Department IMO. Hopefully The Rolls Royce Aspect Is In The Sound...(Which Is Most Important).

I don’t mind the look, they could’ve done something a little more interesting with it, but it’s cool for an industrial vibe (IMO, of course). Maybe put the red stripes behind the PRS logo, or swap the PRS and MT logos, I also liked how they put the MT15 logos right on the faceplate. But I like it, and it won’t stop me from getting one.

These days, an otherwise great amp would have to be pretty odd looking for me to not consider buying it. The tone and value as a tool, if it has the features I need, is just way more important to me.

Now I just need to decide if I have the patience to wait for some user feedback, and maybe circuit revisions if needed, to come around. The MT15’s had some improvements for reduced noise floor later on.

Same. Hoping it is made in the US.

I’d say it will almost certainly be made overseas. $2K ain’t what it used to be when USA Archons were going for that much. Which, don’t get me wrong, I’d like a USA version, too. But there’s too much going on here to do it for under $2K in a USA build.

I'm watching the video now and I'm really impressed! Definitely want to check one out soon. I am such an MT15 devotee so i would be remiss not to give this bad boy a go! What I am most curious about, and I'm surprised that Mark didn't mention in the video, is what power tubes are in this amp. I know that the newer MT15s are loaded with the 5881s instead of the old 6L6 tubes but now with the war going on in Ukraine, Mark mentioned in an interview earlier this year how the new tubes are difficult to get because they're Russian tubes and now they are trying to get that problem sorted out.

I don’t mind the look, they could’ve done something a little more interesting with it, but it’s cool for an industrial vibe (IMO, of course). Maybe put the red stripes behind the PRS logo, or swap the PRS and MT logos, I also liked how they put the MT15 logos right on the faceplate. But I like it, and it won’t stop me from getting one.

These days, an otherwise great amp would have to be pretty odd looking for me to not consider buying it. The tone and value as a tool, if it has the features I need, is just way more important to me.

Now I just need to decide if I have the patience to wait for some user feedback, and maybe circuit revisions if needed, to come around. The MT15’s had some improvements for reduced noise floor later on.
Good God I Hope There Isn't Any Circuit Revisions After This Kind Of Wait. One Would Hope They Have That Thing Perfected And Etched In Stone By Now As Long As It Has Taken Them To Get It Done.

To me it sounded kind of noisy in the rig rundown? If the gain structure is like the mt15, he’s running a fair bit more than I ran on the 15. Never ran that above 11:00. I didn’t listen through headphones yet but I like Myles’ tone better,

It’s a weird price point. An overseas 5150 iconic 80 watt is $1k. A mesa badlander is $2800. This is right in between.

Back