Memorable guitar solo

Love all of those mentioned so far. One guy I find who never gets mentioned in these lists is Mike Campbell from TP and the Hearbreakers. Everything he plays becomes such an integral part of the song it's hard to imagine the song without his solos/riffs. Refugee/Breakdown/The Waiting/American Girl/Running Down a Dream/Woman in Love/You Got Lucky/Stop Draggin' My Heart Around...etc...impossible to think of any of these songs without his guitar part. (Ditto for Mike's solo on Don Henley's Boys of Summer). The term "underrated" and "genius" get tossed around a lot...but IMHO he fits the description. (George Harrison too).

Still In Love With You from Live and Dangerous, and The Cowboy Song bring a smile to my face. Rockbottom and Lights Out are stellar Schenker offerings. Although most AC/DC songs are fairly simple, club bands can "F" them them up more than complicated songs. Hell's Bells and Downpayment Blues stick out, for me.

If we're talking solos, and we're talking AC/DC, then I have to throw in the live version of "The Jack" from the "If You Want Blood" album. Beautifully over-heated tubes, adrenaline, heavy strings, and Angus' fingers... Bon RIP!

Goldtop LPC

Last edited:
Too many to choose from so I'll give my top 5: (But I've got a ton more)

Europa - Santana
Cause we've ended as lovers - Jeff Beck
Medidterrenean sundance - Al DiMeola
Spirals - Crusaders (Larry Carlton)
Maggot Brain - Funkadelic (Eddie Hazel)

Cool to see Maggot Brain here!

I can't really pick a single favorite, way too many to choose from but,
somebody needs to point out ANYTHING from Chuck Berry.
Without him, none of this would be possible.
Hail, hail, Mr. Rock 'N Roll! :adore:

My entry. When I was a kid I wanted to be J Mascis!!!!

Band: Dinosaur Jr
Artist: J Mascis
Album: Where You Been
Song: Get Me

Last edited by a moderator:
My entry. When I was a kid I wanted to be J Mascis!!!!

Band: Dinosaur Jr
Artist: J Mascis
Album: Where You Been
Song: Get Me

Last edited by a moderator:
"Rumblin' Train", Badlands - Jake E Lee
The entire "Blue Murder" album, John Sykes
"The Mission", Queensrych, Chris Degarmo
"Paradigm Shift", Liquid Tension Experiment, John Petrucci
"Insomnia", Haken

Back