Memorable guitar solo

Anything by Marry Friedman from the Megadeth album Rust in Peace. He was pretty much untouchable at the time for that genre of music. Lucretia is my personal favorite.

Too many to choose from so I'll give my top 5: (But I've got a ton more)

Europa - Santana
Cause we've ended as lovers - Jeff Beck
Medidterrenean sundance - Al DiMeola
Spirals - Crusaders (Larry Carlton)
Maggot Brain - Funkadelic (Eddie Hazel)

SOOO many I could choose from. But I'll throw out Jimmy page's LIVE solo on "No Quarter" from song remains the same. By far my favorite jimmy jam

Most memorable...Maybe I'm amazed...Paul McCartney...Almost anything Alex Lifeson...especially Spirit of Radio, Comfortably Numb ,David Gilmour, Brian May, Great King Rat, Dreamers Ball.

Limelight/Rush/Alex Lifeson....I've heard heard it 10,000 times and still get chills. Short, emotional, inventive...perfect.

Man, what a great topic! I've got way too many favorites to pick just one, but here are a few:

Mr. David Grissom - Joe Ely Band - "Highways and Heartaches".
Leslie West - Mountain - "Mississippi Queen".
Glenn Frey(?) - Eagles - "I Can't Tell You Why".
Billy Gibbons - ZZ - "Blue Jean Blues".
Manny Charlton - Nazareth - "Love Leads to Madness".

Goldtop!

Limelight/Rush/Alex Lifeson....I've heard heard it 10,000 times and still get chills. Short, emotional, inventive...perfect.

Limelight was also on my shortlist! Amazing how alex gets his guitar to "weep" all over the place during that short solo. I too get chills everytime I hear it!

This is wonderful since we probably will never have the chance to meet each it's interesting to know what our forum members like.I'am surprised at some of the songs being my age there are some I love and forgot about keep it going this is lkoooool.By the way happy fathers day

There is one, and only one best solo for me. I was a student at Berklee College of Music, studying composition. We had class where we talked about logical development of music ideas. I went back to my apartment, and my roommate put on "You Don't Love Me" by Albert King. The tune gave me chicken skin. It blew my mind. If you think it`s easy to play, try it. You'll never get the bends exactly right. By the way, it was remixed when the CD was reissued. They did a horrible job. The electricity was taken out of it. On vinyl (with the stereo cranked). it`s da bomb.

Pick any guitar solo you want from the Allman Brothers - Live at The Filmore East or live version of Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits

Anything from David Gilmour's On An Island.

Though, the live version of Take A Breath at the Royal Albert Hall is better than the one on the original recording.

Dogrocketp Albert King one of my all time favorite players I also have that song on album incredible your right you made me go to the man cave and dig it out.

Back