Katana

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I had to check calibration on bench scales at FedEx shipping. This location is in the same lot as guitar center so I HAD to stop!

I walked in and immediately go to used gear area but while I was looking over all the used stuff somebody was noodling on an electric guitar.

It caught my attention because the tone was very warm and brown sounding.

I walked back to front of the store to check out who was playing and what they were playing.

Reissue tele through a Katana combo. WTH???

That thing sounded ridiculous good?????

Ugh

I have a katana 50w. I hate it so much. It was my first amp and I could not get a single sound I liked out of it. After 6 months of playing I bought a used Archon 100w head and instantly I was like "oh so THAT'S what it's supposed to sound like". I've barely played the Katana since.

Katanas are way overhyped. Just my humble 2 cents.

I have the Katana 1x50 and love it for what I need/do. Spent alot of time with pc and putting together effect groups, experimenting with the results, tweaking, interchanging, etc. Also can just go with clean or brown, for example, and pumping my pedal board into it and see what mess I can make. Allows for some silly stacking at times. Keeps it fun for me still, because I'll never be confused with 'legit'. Otherwise I would have probably abandoned guitar a long, long time ago. I read this from a hospital bed where it could be some time before I leave, and the very possibility I may never play, or walk for that matter, again. Triggered a warm level of nostalgia. Definitely a matter of preference, which can be said about any consumable item.

I have the Katana 1x50 and love it for what I need/do. Spent alot of time with pc and putting together effect groups, experimenting with the results, tweaking, interchanging, etc. Also can just go with clean or brown, for example, and pumping my pedal board into it and see what mess I can make. Allows for some silly stacking at times. Keeps it fun for me still, because I'll never be confused with 'legit'. Otherwise I would have probably abandoned guitar a long, long time ago. I read this from a hospital bed where it could be some time before I leave, and the very possibility I may never play, or walk for that matter, again. Triggered a warm level of nostalgia. Definitely a matter of preference, which can be said about any consumable item.
Praying
Praying

I tried out a katana MkII 50w recently... hated it... couldn't get a decent tone out of it, sounded like angry bees in a can. And I'm not prejudiced against solid/state modelers: my main gigging amp is a Roland Blues Cube Artist 1x12. I was looking to buy the katana as a backup, but even as a backup it didn't sound good enough.

Prayers for you, brother.

Pulling for you. Positive vibes, mojo, and PMA to you and your family :)

I pray that you recover fully.

Heal well and good vibes sent your way! Keep us updated, man!

The people I know with Katanas love them.

Back