Introduce yourself!

Hello! I'm new here. Introduction. I am not much of a guitar geek, but I have been playing guitar since 1967 and still love to gig, playing mostly jazz now. I own one standard PRS that I bought from Bruce S. at GE in Baltimore in 1986, when Paul was hauling around his guitars to local stores from his car I believe. And yes, the SN is within the first year and first 1000 produced (I'm the only and original owner). Not that I plan to sell it, I am still curious to know what it would appraise for. Of course I realize any product in general whether it is a guitar or a house is worth what a BUYER is willing to pay for!
Plus, I have a few musician friends who know or knew Paul (Gary G., Carl F., Bernie N. included) and it's on my bucket list to meet Paul one day!!
Originally from Baltimore- Currently in Charlottesville VA. Cheers!

Hello! I'm new here. Introduction. I am not much of a guitar geek, but I have been playing guitar since 1967 and still love to gig, playing mostly jazz now. I own one standard PRS that I bought from Bruce S. at GE in Baltimore in 1986, when Paul was hauling around his guitars to local stores from his car I believe. And yes, the SN is within the first year and first 1000 produced (I'm the only and original owner). Not that I plan to sell it, I am still curious to know what it would appraise for. Of course I realize any product in general whether it is a guitar or a house is worth what a BUYER is willing to pay for!
Plus, I have a few musician friends who know or knew Paul (Gary G., Carl F., Bernie N. included) and it's on my bucket list to meet Paul one day!!
Welcome Jeff, and nice guitar you have! Would love to see it!

Welcome Jeff, Cheers! Awesome that you have an OG PRS!!

Hello folks.

Happy to have found this place. I joined after getting a new SE 24-08 Standard last week and I already love it. The one in the avatar.

The first proper big boy guitar was my '72 hardtail Strat (no trem) bought new back then and it's still with me. Would never sell it.

But I also have another PRS I bought from a guitar shop in London in the '90s. Chandler Guitars. Not the manufacturer. Name's a coincidence ;)I think it was customised by one of the guys who worked there. As PRSes go, it's very un-glam from the point of view of body finish. It's solid black with no grain on show. I just had to have it back then. However, I have never known what model it is. Someone once suggested it might have been something called an S4? but I've never known if they were correct.

I intend to post a pic in the 1st PRS forum and hope the collective might be able to give me clue as to what it is / or used to be ;).

It's just got one pot - volume, no tone. Also, three pickups. Humbucker (killer sound but unmarked) on the bridge and two singles (Strat style) for the middle and neck - strangely both are set up like those of a Strat (on the angle).

Last edited:
Back