Introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm new here. In fact, new to electric guitar. Been playing 4 months with an S2 10th anniversary, which is great, and a year with acoustic. I went into a music store and intended to get a player plus strat since the guitarists I like are associated with strats, but didn't like it very much and really liked the PRS I picked up. Just liked the feel and sound of humbuckers better, so here I am.

I have a Breedlove black and gold rainforest (i.e. mahogany). Just got 11s put on it and the action lowered...what a difference that makes!
I've never played a Breedlove, they aren't common where I live at all. But I have a couple friends in the UK that love them!

I've never played a Breedlove, they aren't common where I live at all. But I have a couple friends in the UK that love them!
I love it. For an affordable guitar - it's their import line with solid top and laminate back and sides - it's very, very good. Strong mid focus tone. I've heard great things about the US/all solid wood models, and will likely look at those when I'm ready to upgrade, but I really don't see a need to at this point.

Hi All!

Tom here from Southwestern PA. I only noticed the 'introduction' thread after my first post, but figured I'd say hi, maybe a little more background than I put into that post.

I started playing around the same time as the original production line at PRS, circa '85. My mentor and uncle helped a lot with the early years, it was through him I first heard of PRS which we both thought looked to be amazing guitars. He had a real love for set neck all mahogany guitars -his gigging guitar style of choice- which passed onto me.
He never got a chance to own one, at least partially because he batted lefty. I didnt either. The were expensive when I was younger, they were also rare for many years, I've never been a huge fan of figured maple tops, etc. etc.
Well, I kinda stumbled into an 05 McCarty this summer, fell in love and now have several more... 01' Standard 22 wraptail, 09 Custom 22 wraptail, '18 S2 Custom 22 trem. These are the guitars that were made for me... the build quality, the perfection of a wide fat neck, the resonance they all seem to share, the tones? off the hook. Such a shame I just never got around to it before but the McCarty was the first core I ever even played. Better late than never!
The only thing I regret now is, finally being at the age of relative financial stability to do so, and Uncle Pat not being with us anymore... I'd do just about anything to put a cherry red Standard in his hands and let him experience what he always thought... the perfect guitar.

Cheers
Tom

Welcome Tom, just how rural are you??
LOL. The 'RuralTom' handle was initially meant to be ironic, from my very first email account when I was living in NYC. Fast forward a few years from there and the irony was long gone, I live an hour south of Pittsburgh, a bit north of the Mason-Dixon, fairly rural and most of my non-guitar playing time is outdoors.

LOL. The 'RuralTom' handle was initially meant to be ironic, from my very first email account when I was living in NYC. Fast forward a few years from there and the irony was long gone, I live an hour south of Pittsburgh, a bit north of the Mason-Dixon, fairly rural and most of my non-guitar playing time is outdoors.

Good to have you here. Congratulations on your PRS family.

Welcome Tom, awesome story!
Loved the time I spend in PA with friends (more central though). Beautiful countryside and great for riding a motorcycle!

Back