Incoming: Incredible Amethyst SC 245 Ted Private Stock!!

Nice job Pete.

That is really close to how I would spec a PS myself. Love the phase III tuners with the Santana headstock. Wish teds had those.

Play it well!

Huge quilted 1-piece top........ CHECK!!

Thanks guys, for all the awesome complements!!

Totally awesome, Pete! No two-piece bridge? :vroam:

Nope, I have learned I prefer the tone of the PRS Stoptail. :D

The DC 245 408 equipped one in the oven has the Stoptail spec'ed as well. I like what I like, too afraid to take a risk on something as expensive as a PS.

That being said, my Electric Tiger Trem with a Madagascar Neck has KILLER tone as well!

Cool video from Brent of this guitar in the finish shop, getting the finish repair done. (Just under halfway into the video, 2nd guitar.)

You can really see the thinner body as it spins around. Killer top and finish on this one!!

Thanks, Brent!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so freaking cool.

Which reminds me...we're only a couple of hours from Private Stock Friday!!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;48241 said:
I love how the contrast in the wood pops as he works his way down.

I just watched it again to see what you meant. That WAS totally awesome!!

That one-piece top is so beautiful!

Thanks, I totally dig it, picked it myself!

IMG_6616.jpeg

The top goes very well with that finish, Paul M and the finish team did a FANTASTIC job customizing the finish for what I asked for, those guys are amazing!

As of this week I have spec'ed 5 Private Stocks, I will say the most fun part for me is picking the top FIRST and then having the top "speak to you" as to what sort of finish it desires! ;)

Of course I come in with a complete plan for the spec, but I defer on a final decision on a finish until the top is selected...

Back