Which would you choose for your PS build?

Which would you choose for your PS?

• Flame

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Quilt

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
I do enjoy a good curly flame top as well

20736-F1-D-70-FE-4497-AA8-F-2-D19108-D5193.jpg

This thread about PS wood figuring reminds me:

I've been fighting the urge to sell one of my current PS models to help fund a PS DGT, since that's been my jam lately, and I adore the tone I'm getting with the WL DGT in my little stable.

Anyway, I made of point of playing all three of my PS electrics quite a bit this past few days to figure out which one(s) I could get away with selling, but then fell madly in love with each one all over again.

The color of these PS models didn't matter; the figuring in the wood didn't matter, either (I have both flame and quilt). The feel and the tone of each one is unique and they all feel irreplaceable. Sure, I could get similar tones, but that ain't much like the exact same tones.

Does it make sense to take a hit selling guitars I know I love to buy another guitar I might love? Nah.

GAS can be a really crazy thing!
I’ve been on the other side of this bridge, I do NOT recommend it!

I do enjoy a good curly flame top as well

20736-F1-D-70-FE-4497-AA8-F-2-D19108-D5193.jpg
This is a fair point. Flame comes in all kinds of different shapes and patterns. From fiddleback pinstripes to all kinds of wild and intricate figuring. You have to be specific about what flame you have in mind

I have been thinking of thinning things down for a while now. The thought of reinvesting the money is a PS that I get to spec out is motivation to be okay with not getting as much out of my gear as I would really like to get.
I did a similar thing to fund my PS acoustic.

I probably didn't do the right/smart/sane thing. I sold an Artist Tonare Grand acoustic with a cocobolo body, ebony fretboard, and Adirondack top to help fund my maple bodied model. The Artist was certainly as beautiful-sounding as the PS; it even had the carbon fiber strength rods in the neck. I just wanted maple instead of Cocobolo or rosewood.

It would have been nice to have kept it. I'd have both.

Regrets? I've had a few...

I have sent pictures and specs off to a place to see what they will give me for two of them. That is the farthest I have made it to date. My other thought was trade them in to a place that could be the dealer for my PS build. I am not sure how many dealers do that.
I don't recall selling off any of my PRS Core electrics to get the PS electrics. If memory serves I spent some of my broadcast royalties to get them. It's possible I've forgotten.

However, I did some buying and selling of Core and WL models for a few years, one last year. I really just felt like trying a few things before settling on the DGT.

I did a similar thing to fund my PS acoustic.

I probably didn't do the right/smart/sane thing. I sold an Artist Tonare Grand acoustic with a cocobolo body, ebony fretboard, and Adirondack top to help fund my maple bodied model. The Artist was certainly as beautiful-sounding as the PS; it even had the carbon fiber strength rods in the neck. I just wanted maple instead of Cocobolo or rosewood.

It would have been nice to have kept it. I'd have both.

Regrets? I've had a few...

I don't recall selling off any of my PRS Core electrics to get the PS electrics. If memory serves I spent some of my broadcast royalties to get them. It's possible I've forgotten.

However, I did some buying and selling of Core and WL models for a few years, one last year. I really just felt like trying a few things before settling on the DGT.
There is only one PRS in my "will probably sell" list. I have been thinking about a second one that I may be okay with selling. Right now, most of them are Hamer, Heritage, Gibson, Suhr and possibly and Anderson.

That is a great quilt top. For me, I would like it better if it were all blue, or, all natural like the center bottom. I am actually considering going natural if it has a top like that.

That’s the beauty of a PS build, you make it your own (within the rules).

I just love that tubular quilt and that it’s DGT semi-hollow. Just imagine the tones from that baby. One of us here doesn’t have to imagine, lucky bastid.;)

This thread about PS wood figuring reminds me:

I've been fighting the urge to sell one of my current PS models to help fund a PS DGT, since that's been my jam lately, and I adore the tone I'm getting with the WL DGT in my little stable.

Anyway, I made of point of playing all three of my PS electrics quite a bit this past few days to figure out which one(s) I could get away with selling, but then fell madly in love with each one all over again.

The color of these PS models didn't matter; the figuring in the wood didn't matter, either (I have both flame and quilt). The feel and the tone of each one is unique and they all feel irreplaceable. Sure, I could get similar tones, but that ain't much like the exact same tones.

Does it make sense to take a hit selling guitars I know I love to buy another guitar I might love? Nah.

GAS can be a really crazy thing!
Honestly, I would stick with your wood library DGT

Back