I'm excited to get my first PRS!

My first PRS is coming in September! I ordered it back in March so it's a bit of a wait but that's fine. I'm a lefty so I ordered the Charcoal Burst PRS SE custom 24 with the Floyd Rose tremolo. I realize it's not an American made version so some might say it's not a true PRS I get it. But it's still endorsed by Mr. Smith himself so I'll be happy to be a distant family member lol. What PRS's does everyone else have? There are some beauties out there for sure. My local Guitar Center has an orange maple top PRS that goes for $12000 and I could look at it all day lol. Happy to be a part of the forum.
No one will say that. Or at least they shouldn't.

After you receive it in September and play it a bit you must report back here. Those are the rules. And you must post photos.

No one will say that. Or at least they shouldn't.

After you receive it in September and play it a bit you must report back here. Those are the rules. And you must post photos.
Matonanjin my friend, you have a deal. I promise to report back with photos and my experience of having played it :) I'm really excited I have to tell ya. I am most likely going to swap out the stock 85/15's for either a set of Fishman Modern (or Abasi's) or a brand new set of Dragon 1's I forgot I had for years. This is going to be a fun guitar to upgrade. I don't have the money to get one of those fancy $12000 PRS's (that would be great though lol) so I look forward to babying this SE come September and making it into a monster little by little. By the way, how do I post pictures on here? I've been trying but to no avail. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Matonanjin my friend, you have a deal. I promise to report back with photos and my experience of having played it :) I'm really excited I have to tell ya. I am most likely going to swap out the stock 85/15's for either a set of Fishman Modern (or Abasi's) or a brand new set of Dragon 1's I forgot I had for years. This is going to be a fun guitar to upgrade. I don't have the money to get one of those fancy $12000 PRS's (that would be great though lol) so I look forward to babying this SE come September and making it into a monster little by little. By the way, how do I post pictures on here? I've been trying but to no avail. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
@Nealius4Realius, you will need to have a photography posting website like Flickr that you can link to. Some guitar forums one can just upload a photo and then jam it in one's post. But not here. I have my own server that I can link to, which is, of course, what I use. So I can't give you more details about how to use one of the services. There may be, and probably are, instructions here on how to do it. Hopefully some one else here can give you more intelligent instructions.

You don't have to use Flickr although it is one of the most popular ones, I belive. Here are som photo sharing sites.

Thanks! Yeah I'm really excited to get my hands on this. Being a lefty player, I've never played a PRS before so this is a very big deal for me :)
I bought my first one last month. A SE A50E acoustic . I liked it so much I bought a used 2014 SE Custom 24. I absolutely love it. I was looking into upgrades and then just started playing it. Other than maybe the locking tuners everything else is on the back burner. I am so impressed with the playability. Much better than my old 1982 Kramer. I just play for personal enjoyment. I bought a Marshall Code 50 (I love the Bluetooth option that lets me play tracks from my phone to play with)and it does the job more than just fine. I am using my old Boss ME10 which surprisingly still works great.

Here is a link ( https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/ ) to all the information I am aware of on this topic. There is a PDF, a video tutorial and links to similar items in other posts. Feel free to PM me if you need additional assistance after going through what is at this link!
Moondog Wily you are awesome brother! I'll try your link out and I'll let you know if I'm needing additional help my friend. Wow everyone on this forum is so kind and helpful, can I live here? Lol.

I bought my first one last month. A SE A50E acoustic . I liked it so much I bought a used 2014 SE Custom 24. I absolutely love it. I was looking into upgrades and then just started playing it. Other than maybe the locking tuners everything else is on the back burner. I am so impressed with the playability. Much better than my old 1982 Kramer. I just play for personal enjoyment. I bought a Marshall Code 50 (I love the Bluetooth option that lets me play tracks from my phone to play with)and it does the job more than just fine. I am using my old Boss ME10 which surprisingly still works great.
That's so cool JBK! Have any pics of the guitars? The Marshall Code 50 sounds great, I am loving my new Boss Katana-Air which is a tiny little lunchbox practice amp but honestly I love it for what it does. Bluetooth everything and totally wireless. Like your Marshall I can bluetooth tracks onto it and try jamming along. I swear we live in the best era of guitar gear! I wish I could buy it all lol.

Never hear a derogatory word from me on the SE line, I have two of them: SE Custom 24 in Sapphire Blue, and a Hollowbody II Piezo in Black Gold Burst. Love them both to bits and will get at least one more PRS ( I have a burgeoning love for the S2 McCarty Thinline) before I jump headfirst into a 12 step GAS program....
Actually, not true. I ain't giving in to any intervention program!:p

That's so cool JBK! Have any pics of the guitars? The Marshall Code 50 sounds great, I am loving my new Boss Katana-Air which is a tiny little lunchbox practice amp but honestly I love it for what it does. Bluetooth everything and totally wireless. Like your Marshall I can bluetooth tracks onto it and try jamming along. I swear we live in the best era of guitar gear! I wish I could buy it all lol.
I will as soon as I can figure out how to do it. Probably have to access from my PC. The SE A50E is the Red limited. Absolutely real balanced sound throughout the whole range.
I could never get an answer on how many they actually made. The SE Custom 24 was tagged Santana Orange but It is the yellow Version with the red neck and back. 1 very small area of chipped clear coat on the top of the head stock otherwise it’s in mint condition

Yeah I'm still trying to figure out the whole posting picture thing too lol. Today a member on here said to get a Flickr account and we can use that I guess. I'll try it and let you know. Sounds like you have some sweet guitars!

Never hear a derogatory word from me on the SE line, I have two of them: SE Custom 24 in Sapphire Blue, and a Hollowbody II Piezo in Black Gold Burst. Love them both to bits and will get at least one more PRS ( I have a burgeoning love for the S2 McCarty Thinline) before I jump headfirst into a 12 step GAS program....
Actually, not true. I ain't giving in to any intervention program!:p
I completely understand lol. Gear is addictive! Like, it's a problem lol. I promised my wife I'd sell off most of my unused gear and here I've ended up buying 3 new guitars this year, oops.

I completely understand lol. Gear is addictive! Like, it's a problem lol. I promised my wife I'd sell off most of my unused gear and here I've ended up buying 3 new guitars this year, oops.
I bought my wife a t-shirt last year for her birthday. The slogan read: "I don't know how I ended up the wife of a grumpy old many with a houseful of guitars but here I am killin' it!"
I think she thought it was cute....and I did get here a nice necklace too.;)

Yeah I'm still trying to figure out the whole posting picture thing too lol. Today a member on here said to get a Flickr account and we can use that I guess. I'll try it and let you know. Sounds like you have some sweet guitars!
I had been wanting the A50E for a long time. It plays like an electric which is really something considering the fat neck. I had been playing my Kramer that I had modified with PRS electronics and Dimarzio pickups. I wanted another electric without a Floyd Rose. I found this Se Custom 24 that was really nice, just previously owned by someone who didn’t know how to set one up. I was actually surprised the dealer didn’t fix before putting it up for sale. Once everything was set it plays sooo nice.

For posting pics, the easiest method is BBcode. Go to imgbb.com, upload photo, copy bbcode, paste in message, boom go dynamite. I find embed codes from most image hosting websites never work correctly.

BTW, welcome to the family!

I had been wanting the A50E for a long time. It plays like an electric which is really something considering the fat neck.
If you find a good deal one one, get it. Fantastic acoustic guitar. I bought mine blind, and easily among the best acoustics I've played. Effortless to play honestly.

Back