"Message to Paul" or better "Please Paul Reed This"

@SinSir

You can only understand life backwards, but you have to live it forwards.
I'm just saying that you're always smarter afterwards, but the danger of confusion is very great. I've never seen anything change so drastically within a model, so I didn't expect it. the nut width and the neck profile are very serious.
But ok, of course the blame lies with me, as I've already said, the risk is just very high of getting a guitar with the wrong specs.

And yet you still whinge about the mistakes you made! Not 'PRS' as PRS have the Correct listing and details of Neck shapes - inc Nut Width. If you bought 'used', that is the FAULT of the Seller if they mislead you - not PRS!!

Firstly, you didn't do any proper research and secondly if you had 'tried' the guitar first, may have had some indication that the person selling it hadn't listed its neck carve correctly. Had you gone to reputable dealer and bought 'new', then it would still be on the 'dealer' and NOT PRS if they listed the specs incorrectly.

I have a '594' from 2016, but the 2024 version is quite different in numerous areas - the finish isn't 'nitro', the Pickups haven't been through the TCI process and I have PRS Locking Tuners, not PRS 'vintage' tuners. Point is, its not the 'SAME' as a 'newer' guitar because things 'evolve'. The 24-08 for example has changed numerous times since its introduction - different Layout and pups. SE had 'TCI' pups at one point - not 85/15 'S' but PRS accurately list their 'products' on their Website but you choose to take what some 'random' person selling their guitar and not listing it 'correctly' as somehow the fault of PRS.

To me, this is on you! You either should have done proper research, at least tried and/or checked the guitar before purchase and/or gone back to the seller to demand a refund for their 'mistake' in their listing. The 'blame' doesn't solely lie with you, but its has absolutely nothing to do with PRS. If you bought a 'used' Les Paul listed with Burstbuckers by the seller, despite that version coming with 490/498 set and listed on Gibson website as 490/498, its the Sellers fault - not Gibson. Its a combination of the Seller for their 'mistake' in their description and your mistake for not doing your research, not trying it first, not going back to the seller upon finding out they had misled you with their incorrect details...

I've never seen anything change so drastically within a model, so I didn't expect it. the nut width and the neck profile are very serious.
Good news is now you've seen it and know it's not that uncommon. Enjoy life forward!

Last edited:
Back