I'm excited to get my first PRS!

Nealius4Realius

My first PRS is coming in September! I ordered it back in March so it's a bit of a wait but that's fine. I'm a lefty so I ordered the Charcoal Burst PRS SE custom 24 with the Floyd Rose tremolo. I realize it's not an American made version so some might say it's not a true PRS I get it. But it's still endorsed by Mr. Smith himself so I'll be happy to be a distant family member lol. What PRS's does everyone else have? There are some beauties out there for sure. My local Guitar Center has an orange maple top PRS that goes for $12000 and I could look at it all day lol. Happy to be a part of the forum.

My first PRS is coming in September! I ordered it back in March so it's a bit of a wait but that's fine. I'm a lefty so I ordered the Charcoal Burst PRS SE custom 24 with the Floyd Rose tremolo. I realize it's not an American made version so some might say it's not a true PRS I get it. But it's still endorsed by Mr. Smith himself so I'll be happy to be a distant family member lol. What PRS's does everyone else have? There are some beauties out there for sure. My local Guitar Center has an orange maple top PRS that goes for $12000 and I could look at it all day lol. Happy to be a part of the forum.
Congrats, that is a great guitar to wet the whistle with! Looking forward to pix once it arrives!!

An SE has Paul Reed Smiths name on the headstock. why is that? Because it is a PRS guitar. As far as Im concerned, anybody that says they arent is automatically a son of a #^*#%. I had two Chevy trucks that were made in Mexico. Ive never heard anyone say they werent Chevrolets. I wonder why? Im fixin to get an SE. Either a Custom 24 or a 2408. having a hard time deciding. Oh, welcome to the forum!!! Sorry for the rant:mad:

I think I would go nuts waiting from March to September .
I initially was lol. But I had ordered a 7 string Schecter at the same time and that came in a week later. Been having a blast on that thing plus I just purchased a Solar guitar recently and that has kept me busy as well. But I am really looking forward to the PRS coming fairly soon!

An SE has Paul Reed Smiths name on the headstock. why is that? Because it is a PRS guitar. As far as Im concerned, anybody that says they arent is automatically a son of a #^*#%. I had two Chevy trucks that were made in Mexico. Ive never heard anyone say they werent Chevrolets. I wonder why? Im fixin to get an SE. Either a Custom 24 or a 2408. having a hard time deciding. Oh, welcome to the forum!!! Sorry for the rant:mad:
I like your style Joe Bob!

Hey Joe, what is the difference between the SE custom 24 and a 2408, I'm curious.
The pickups are 85/15s for both guitars, but, the ones in the 2408 are TCI (Tuned Capacitance and Inductance. Also, the coil split function on the custom 24 is done with the push pull tone knob, whereas the 2408 uses a mini toggle for each pickup, giving you more tonal options. The 2408 has something called Dual Single Coil Mode, whatever that is. I think thats about it. If anybody knows of anything else please chime in.

Oh wow that's really cool! I didn't know that thank you for helping me understand that better. Sounds like the 2408 is extremely versatile
wow. I wonder if it would be entirely unacceptable for me to swap out the 85/15's for a set of Fishman Abasi pickups? I'll give the 85/15's a good try before doing that though. I might really like them. I've just loved the Fishman Modern pickups in my 7 string Schecter but maybe the PRS would react differently. What do you think Joe?

Back