Forum Truss Rod Cover

I worked on one of my original ideas some this morning, and it's my avatar now. I need to make the 'PRS' bigger, but I'm headed out to a dr. appt. and don't have time to change it now. I'll be looking forward to seeing the latest ideas from everybody when I get back.

Lloyd

Nice work guys, I like both Lloyd's circle of birds and Rob's bird/moon/guitar designs above.

cwhenke made me see something with that 1st drawing. Nice work on both, BTW, and the many others borrowed from here.

The body is a moon, the horns make an F. It's a natural (or Nyquil is kicking my @ss).
If anyone likes the idea and can do it justice have at it. My poor bird looks sickly.

BMRorum_zps2522b10b.jpg
I dig it, moons and birds.

cwhenke made me see something with that 1st drawing. Nice work on both, BTW, and the many others borrowed from here.

The body is a moon, the horns make an F. It's a natural (or Nyquil is kicking my @ss).
If anyone likes the idea and can do it justice have at it. My poor bird looks sickly.

BMRorum_zps2522b10b.jpg

I like this as well!!!

Looks like I will need four.
Three SEs, and one 408.

They are different, or do the SEs share the same hole pattern as the Maryland built guitars?

BMRorum_zps2522b10b.jpg

I like this, too.

I realized my version of the brushstroke birds PS eagle was not even close. I did another quick drawing that is probably more in line with those on the fretboard...

idea2.jpg

(I still like Rob's idea better, though.)

BMRorum_zps2522b10b.jpg

I'm all in on this . Nice work :congrats:

I really like JustRob's idea, but I'm not getting enough 'f' from the shape of the bird, so I messed with it a little and added Albrecht Smuten's f-hole:

BirdMoonf1_zps5bbb2a78.jpg

BirdMoonf2_zps8742da70.jpg

This is an easy one, gents. The "Poll" feature allows for 10 designs. Each person gets one slot. Submit your best design!

Between now and then, let's keep posting new ideas. There is no pride of ownership if your labor is a genuine gift to this community.

I love the recent set of ideas.

If it doesn't say "Forum" on it or have some element unique to the forum, what's the point?

The fact that it will only be acquired through the forum already makes it pretty unique.

I don't want to offend anyone by this, it's only an opinion offered on a discussion board. And hey, this is supposed to be fun afterall. :)

But a PRS is, to me, a very high-end, pristine instrument. I liken it to owning a high-end vehicle. I don't want to add something to it that diminishes those qualities that make it special. In this day and age, there is just something slightly hokey about a piece of plastic that says "________ forum" on it. To me it would be like putting a "My kid is an honor roll student at such and such" bumper sticker on a nice Bugatti.

A really awesome and completely unique TRC can be made without "forum" on it. And after people see yours, they will vigorously search the internet looking for them, only to come up empty. Then they will be forced to ask you where you got that amazing TRC, and you will respond, "at the Official PRS Forum of course." :top:

Was it VR that has a TRC that is just a finger?

And everyone's designs are super impressive, some talented people here. Again, no offense meant, just opinion.

Back