Truss Rod Cover infatuation!

Moondog wily, Those guitars are beautiful, nice additions 👍
Thanks Moxy1972! I bought the three of them all within 4 months of each other in 2021, and am now totally addicted!! Now all I need (in my perfect world) is all black hardware for all 3 of them, but PRS will not sell that stuff, so it would be aftermarket at this point and I don't want to go there ;~)) Maybe after I become a rock star (aka never), PRS will sell me the black hardware for these babies!!! I spent close to 5 Benjamin's on black hardware in 2021 for my 2005 EBMM Stingray Bass and it looks killer on that guitar's Lava Pearl paint job (think pearl flake lava orange) ;~))

Nice work. I know what you mean on the addiction lol! I had my custom 22 over 20 years now, and it will always be my main guitar, but without looking for it, my 2022 silver sky has become my go to guitar! Ive always played Strats, but this is the best s style I’ve ever used. I find I don’t look at my fenders the same anymore! I wish i could keep them looking as good as yours though! lol.

I changed mine with a two ply truss rod cover.
65942966-C951-45-EF-ABC7-7-F426124-B8-E1.avif

Last edited:
I believe the infatuation is for more than just TRCs. It is the total look of the package (I know, TWSS)! One of the attractions to many players is the beauty of the products PRS produces. To make it a bit more beautiful (in your eyes) for a low amount of money is almost a no brainer for many! Hell, there are even people who will turn their guitars into fashion statement pieces and leave the rod exposed ;~))

I have changed the TRC and tuner buttons on two of my 3 PRSi. I have changed the knobs on all three of them. All in the name of it being a more pleasing piece of art for me, and I am what counts ;~)) Here are my upgrade shots.

Custom tuner buttons and TRC on L and C, R is stock
Headstocks_02_50pct_2024Mar26.jpg

Ebony knobs on L and C, Ebony pup rings on L, gold/green sparkle knobs on R
3Amigos_BodyOnly_03_2024Mar26.jpg

Custom cover plates
BirthaLunaBluvi_BackShot_50pct_2024Mar26.jpg

Some like to make their guitars "their own" by doing some customizations ;~)) Call it infatuation if you will!
Wow, like "WOW!"
My new TRC for the Hollowbody is on the way so I can't post up a pic of it on the guitar yet (attached pic is just for repeat reference). But something just said to me I had to have it. Reckon I'll stick with the stock tuner buttons though....and likely the back plates...unless somebody knows where I can get mother of pearl ones...em, anyone...?🤔
Oh Laws, what is I gonna do...?😭

Wow, like "WOW!"
My new TRC for the Hollowbody is on the way so I can't post up a pic of it on the guitar yet (attached pic is just for repeat reference). But something just said to me I had to have it. Reckon I'll stick with the stock tuner buttons though....and likely the back plates...unless somebody knows where I can get mother of pearl ones...em, anyone...?🤔
Oh Laws, what is I gonna do...?😭
Did you just buy one like the picture? There was a vendor on Reverb that was making and selling covers that look like this. They are in another country. I wanted to buy a couple from them but they haven't posted any for sale for a while now. Their stuff looked really good.

Did you just buy one like the picture? There was a vendor on Reverb that was making and selling covers that look like this. They are in another country. I wanted to buy a couple from them but they haven't posted any for sale for a while now. Their stuff looked really good.
Yes, exactly. Scott's are hand made in ebony in Winnipeg MB, Canada. $55 Cnd + shipping to me so $67.50 total. Roughly what I paid for the two sets (they only came in twos and I needed three) of lampshade knobs when I changed them out. Kind of frivolous really (maybe a bit vain?) but not crazy expensive either.
Was surprised he's in Canada (where I am), I'd never seen any ads or heard of him before. Saw a FB post that a PRS owner had one made so I contacted the OP and he gave me the skinny on them. He would ship anywhere I believe, but not sure what US location would run, Standard package on post wouldn't be much I don't think.
[email protected]

Yes, exactly. Scott's are hand made in ebony in Winnipeg MB, Canada. $55 Cnd + shipping to me so $67.50 total. Roughly what I paid for the two sets (they only came in twos and I needed three) of lampshade knobs when I changed them out. Kind of frivolous really (maybe a bit vain?) but not crazy expensive either.
Was surprised he's in Canada (where I am), I'd never seen any ads or heard of him before. Saw a FB post that a PRS owner had one made so I contacted the OP and he gave me the skinny on them. He would ship anywhere I believe, but not sure what US location would run, Standard package on post wouldn't be much I don't think.
[email protected]
I looked and the vendor on Reverb I was referring to is in Germany. They shipped all over too.

I see you put an email address in the post. Does he have a web site or sell through anything like Reverb?

I found his website.

Last edited:
I believe the infatuation is for more than just TRCs. It is the total look of the package (I know, TWSS)! One of the attractions to many players is the beauty of the products PRS produces. To make it a bit more beautiful (in your eyes) for a low amount of money is almost a no brainer for many! Hell, there are even people who will turn their guitars into fashion statement pieces and leave the rod exposed ;~))

I have changed the TRC and tuner buttons on two of my 3 PRSi. I have changed the knobs on all three of them. All in the name of it being a more pleasing piece of art for me, and I am what counts ;~)) Here are my upgrade shots.

Custom tuner buttons and TRC on L and C, R is stock
Headstocks_02_50pct_2024Mar26.jpg

Ebony knobs on L and C, Ebony pup rings on L, gold/green sparkle knobs on R
3Amigos_BodyOnly_03_2024Mar26.jpg

Custom cover plates
BirthaLunaBluvi_BackShot_50pct_2024Mar26.jpg

Some like to make their guitars "their own" by doing some customizations ;~)) Call it infatuation if you will!
All very beautifully done! There aren't many custom sets that look so superb.

And you're absolutely right, they're your guitars, and you are not only entitled to express your artistic sense with them in every way, it's good that you do so.

I looked and the vendor on Reverb I was referring to is in Germany. They shipped all over too.

I see you put an email address in the post. Does he have a web site or sell through anything like Reverb?

I found his website.
Was just about to tell you to google wecinlay but I see you did that. Scott is a really easy guy to deal with, at least for me he was.

Hi all, where can I buy a TRC for my 2018 PRS SE 277 (one that resembles the original)? Thanks in advance.
Miguel

Back