First NGD of 2024 but with a wrinkle... now all Smooooth!

Max Headroom

Those that can, do. Those that can't, censor it.
Ok so my PRS S2 finally arrived from Sam Ash but....
It was listed as a 10th Anniversary S2 Custom 24.
Well what arrived was just a regular S2 Custom 24.
Now it looks great, not played it yet or tuned it as letting it acclimate but Im kind of bummed by this.
Or should I not worry and just enjoy?
I guess it was still a good price but was expecting what they listed.
I have sent them a message through Reverb but no response as of yet.

Look here... https://prsguitars.com/electrics/model/10th_anniversary_s2_custom_24_limited_edition_2023

The 10th Anniversary S2 Custom 24 builds on the original specs of the S2 Custom 24, retaining a maple top, mahogany back, 25” scale length, 24-fret Pattern Thin neck, PRS patented molded tremolo, and PRS low-mass locking tuners. Special appointments include: a Cuban mahogany neck, mother of pearl bird inlays, and – most notably – USA-made PRS 85/15 pickups and electronics. PRS 85/15 pickups bring vintage and modern pickup design together to deliver exceptional clarity and extended high and low end. Fine-tuned using the PRS TCI process, PRS 85/15’s bring balanced, full-spectrum clarity. They are perfect for modern players driving a pedalboard and have enough character to deliver when plugging straight into an amp. The pickups have also been paired with a volume, tone, and 5-way blade switch for the first time in the S2 Series (as opposed to to a 3-way switch with push/ pull tone control).

Ok so my PRS S2 finally arrived from Sam Ash but....
It was listed as a 10th Anniversary S2 Custom 24.
Well what arrived was just a regular S2 Custom 24.
Now it looks great, not played it yet or tuned it as letting it acclimate but Im kind of bummed by this.
Or should I not worry and just enjoy?
I guess it was still a good price but was expecting what they listed.
I have sent them a message through Reverb but no response as of yet.

Ya gotta play it first.

You didn’t get what you ordered.
Can you even get your money back with them going out of business? Is there a no return, no refund policy at this point?
There site says no refunds on any sales after 5/1/2024.
But as it was purchased through Reverb and it does not match description I might have some recourse their.
I'm sure it's a great axe and will play just fine, but simple matter is that yes it's not what was described as for sale.
I will give Sam Ash a day or two to reply then move it along through Reverb.

I guess I don’t understand the problem…
2013 was the first year of the S2 and you got a 2023 S2. Is the problem that it is missing some emblem or writing showing “10th Anniversary”?

I guess I don’t understand the problem…
2013 was the first year of the S2 and you got a 2023 S2. Is the problem that it is missing some emblem or writing showing “10th Anniversary”?
The Actual 10th Anniversary model is a totally different beast to a regular S2 no matter if same year.
It has USA Core electronics and mother of pearl inlays and a 5 way blade switch amongst other details.

That color alone would make it a keeper for me. Pickups can be had easy enough.
That is kind of where my head is right now tbh
I have to say I love the finish.
I'm a bit under the weather, got food poisoning Tuesday night and not ate since so I will probably wait until tomorrow to tune it and set up and see how it plays and sounds.

That is kind of where my head is right now tbh
I have to say I love the finish.
I'm a bit under the weather, got food poisoning Tuesday night and not ate since so I will probably wait until tomorrow to tune it and set up and see how it plays and sounds.
Get better mate. Clear head = good decisions...

I'd be bummed for sure. A healthy discount on top of the discount you already got is the only way I'd be happy. It would irk me everytime I played it otherwise. Especially since I don't really care for the 8515S pickups. Discount or the longshot of core pups and electronics sent or I'd send back.

Cool finish though and understand the hesitation.

Get better mate. Clear head = good decisions...
I think I'm also going to message Beth at PRS as I don't see this finish listed under any 2023 S2 model.
Just very curious on that now.
It's definitely a 23, or at least that's what headstock shows...lol.
Time for bed to try and get some strength back, hopefully things will look better tomorrow.

I think I'm also going to message Beth at PRS as I don't see this finish listed under any 2023 S2 model.
Just very curious on that now.
It's definitely a 23, or at least that's what headstock shows...lol.
Time for bed to try and get some strength back, hopefully things will look better tomorrow.
Good idea mate.
Sleep well...

Back