NGD - not a Vela edition....

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
So, last week I felt an urge for something different, since the Vela Semi was my only electric. I tried to go moderately cheap, picked up a Gretsch Electromatic in a very pretty ocean turquoise. Unfortunately, the pickup selector stopped working half an hour after I got it home, and when I put it on a strap it was so neck heavy as to be unplayable - it dove straight for the floor.

So, back it went.

An amp I had listed for a bit sold right after that, so I decided I needed an SE Hollowbody II, since I miss the one I used to have, and since the now available blue burst looks way better than the gray I had previously. Found a nice used one at Dave's at a great price, ordered it late Monday, and it arrived today. Hangs on a strap quite nicely, plays great, sounds great, looks great. Haven't gotten a lot of time with it yet because my mom's in the hospital and I had to head over here for the afternoon visiting shift, but I do believe this one is going to stay for a while.

Interestingly, the regular SE Hollowbody II is no longer listed on the PRS website, only the Piezo model. I'd never use the piezo, so glad I was able to grab this one :).

bhbii1.jpg

bhbii2.jpg

bhbii3.jpg

bhbii4.jpg

So, last week I felt an urge for something different, since the Vela Semi was my only electric. I tried to go moderately cheap, picked up a Gretsch Electromatic in a very pretty ocean turquoise. Unfortunately, the pickup selector stopped working half an hour after I got it home, and when I put it on a strap it was so neck heavy as to be unplayable - it dove straight for the floor.

So, back it went.

An amp I had listed for a bit sold right after that, so I decided I needed an SE Hollowbody II, since I miss the one I used to have, and since the now available blue burst looks way better than the gray I had previously. Found a nice used one at Dave's at a great price, ordered it late Monday, and it arrived today. Hangs on a strap quite nicely, plays great, sounds great, looks great. Haven't gotten a lot of time with it yet because my mom's in the hospital and I had to head over here for the afternoon visiting shift, but I do believe this one is going to stay for a while.

Interestingly, the regular SE Hollowbody II is no longer listed on the PRS website, only the Piezo model. I'd never use the piezo, so glad I was able to grab this one :).

bhbii1.jpg

bhbii2.jpg

bhbii3.jpg

bhbii4.jpg
Nice

Just got to spend a decent chunk of time playing, and I am deeply in love. I am looking forward to getting my preferred D'Addario 9s on there to replace the 10s she's wearing, but I have locking tuners hopefully arriving tomorrow, so I'm going to wait for those and do that and the strings at the same time. Those who pay attention to my posts know that I tend to name my guitars - not sure what hers is as yet, but she shall be receiving a name and staying for a good while. She may get a sticker.

So, back it went.

bhbii1.jpg

bhbii2.jpg

bhbii3.jpg

bhbii4.jpg
Nicely done...btw what acoustics are you rovkin these days??

@Aahzz For the short time I owned a SE Hollowbody Standard I also put SE locking tuners on however I changed out the heavy chrome buttons for faux ebony buttons that were at least in my mind lighter and made any (if there ever was) neck dive un-noticeable. Just a thought as I think that guitar is pretty balanced as is. Congrats and enjoy that beauty!

Back