NGD - Magical edition!!

Have you try NYXL’s? Cost more but I find them superb. Especially when it comes to string breaking. That’s plagued me with the regular XL. Even on the ball ends!

I have, but I've been using the regular XLs for 30 years, and nothing else ever sounds right to me. I haven't had any breakage issues.

I can't put this guitar down....
I played mine for over an hour yesterday. I don’t think I have owned a guitar that is as responsive, fun and easy to play as the Vela. It reacts to my amps and pedals beautifully, especially light to medium overdrive and compression as well as delay, reverb and harmonic tremolo. It does everything I want it to do, and nothing that I don’t. With it I have my sound.

I played mine for over an hour yesterday. I don’t think I have owned a guitar that is as responsive, fun and easy to play as the Vela. It reacts to my amps and pedals beautifully, especially light to medium overdrive and compression as well as delay, reverb and harmonic tremolo. It does everything I want it to do, and nothing that I don’t. With it I have my sound.
Such a great and honest write up.

The original guitar has barely changed since being properly introduced 9 years ago. They added semi hollows and satins. Next year will be 10 years. Might we get some anny version? 40th prs and 10th vela? Proper moons or MoP birds? USA electronics? It would be cool to see like the 10 yr anny 594s and custom 24 for the s2.

Thanks! I'm not sure if it's because I missed having a Vela, but I also think this is the best one I've owned to date. It's extra magical :D
It's because there's a brain in the head that wears the most excellent derby, and the other stuff didn't measure up.

You know it, I know it, and the American People know it!

So go out there and enjoy the soulfulness in that guitar. ;)

Back