NGD: McCarty 594 Singlecut

strat63

The Torture Never Stops
I don't have many NGD posts anymore because I've been happy with what I already have. In addition, I'm not really a SC fan so this was an unexpected addition. I just happened to pull it off the wall at my local shop and it sounded so good unplugged that I had to give it a full demo. The guitar absolutely blew me away. Good clean to mean. Here's a pretty crappy picture.

ZocwyGfh.jpg

In case you want an actual professional glamour shot, click here. This happens to be the guitar that was used for the photos on the PRS product page for McCarty Tobacco Sunburst. It looks much better when someone with talent takes pics.

I expected to not like the new tuner buttons but they look less odd in person.

Last edited:
So one thing I'm finding very interesting about this guitar is the extended highs and lows. It has way more low end than any guitar I own but has this clarity on the top end as well. Not boomy or harsh but there a lot of frequencies coming out out amplified. It just sounds big for the lack of a better word.

So one thing I'm finding very interesting about this guitar is the extended highs and lows. It has way more low end than any guitar I own but has this clarity on the top end as well. Not boomy or harsh but there a lot of frequencies coming out out amplified. It just sounds big for the lack of a better word.

Congratulations! What a stunning looking guitar! Have you experimented much with the coil taps?

I’m expecting delivery of a SC 594 early next week. I’ll post pics when she gets here!

Congratulations! What a stunning looking guitar! Have you experimented much with the coil taps?

I’m expecting delivery of a SC 594 early next week. I’ll post pics when she gets here!
I tried out the coil taps and I'll admit they worked a lot better than I expected. Great for some clean tones with the volume knobs turned down.

Back