NGD-SC58

My only gripe about these guitars is how they wired them.
What don't you like about the wiring? Ala Tremonti, volume the top two knobs?

At first, I felt the same, threw me off, now I prefer it. Maybe because I play my SC58 and Tremonti more than my other single cuts? I'm thinking about wiring my Les Paul the same way for the occasional play.

At first, I felt the same, threw me off, now I prefer it. Maybe because I play my SC58 and Tremonti more than my other single cuts? I'm thinking about wiring my Les Paul the same way for the occasional play.
Coming from a Tremonti, the layout is completely natural and normal for me. I like having the volume knobs on top.

Infact, the 594 models I had felt odd and took some getting used to for sure.

Last edited:

Yep, that is it. It is the only guitar I own that is wired this way. All of my other 4 knob guitars have the volumes in the front like the 594.

Coming from a Tremonti, the layout is completely natural and normal for me. I like have the volume knobs on top.

Infact, the 594 models I had felt odd and took some getting used to for sure.
I'd venture that PRS himself (and maybe Mark Tremonti, too) and/or whomever decided on that 4-knob layout for the PRS singlecuts back in the day agrees with you about wanting the volumes on top. In one way, it's very intuitive.

But there's going to be just as many people--likely MANY more--who will say that the 594 style, just like the mid-'50s Gibson layout that it's copying, is the "correct" layout. Traditional guitar design "the way they've always done it" is a formidable beast.

Congratulations, what a beauty.
Thanks! I have been very happy with it so far!

I got to play it quite a bit over the weekend and have found it really does check all the boxes for me. All the little things that I just haven't been wild about with the 594 models are not an issue with this SC58. I think it's easily my favorite PRS that I have ever owned. I have really enjoyed the 57/08 pickups in it too, they have the exact tone I have been chasing.

it really does check all the boxes for me. All the little things that I just haven't been wild about with the 594 models are not an issue with this SC58.

That's awesome! Couldn't agree more.. PRS got it right with the SC58

Thanks everyone! I think this one will quickly become the one I play the most. The top is incredible too!

It's crazy how good this guitar feels for being 13 years old. It couldn't have been played much, there is basically no fret wear at all.

I have been through several different 2018+ models and to me none of them have had the feel and playability this SC58 seems to have. I guess it's just go some mojo? :)

If there was one negative, and I hate to even call it that, it would be that paisley case. It's sturdy, built like a tank and really seems much stronger than any case from the more recent models I have had. Paisley just isn't my thing but at the end of the day....it doesn't really bother me.
I have a shirt in that black paisley pattern.

Back