Favorite TWO PRS Models ???

I have 2 core Angelus acoustics. I bought another recently, and didn't post NAGD because I'm a bit leery of being branded eccentric on acoustics. I sold nearly all of my PRS electrics to fund them.
I'm not so sure the cutaway would be the "sound" affect that would make an impression. The Angelus body size is smaller than the Tonare, and the back and side woods have a huge impact on the tone. My two Angelus' sound so different as to suggest different models/styles entirely.
I've played a lot of PRS acoustics. A benefit of spending a lot of time with the acoustic team at the Experience events since the acoustics' introduction. You really do have to play more than just a couple of them to decide if it's your cup of tea.
A Tonare does sound "huge". I think only the tone would be the variance. That bigger body makes a bigger sound.

Side and back woods make a huge difference in tone with acoustic guitars. I’ve always like the tone from Rosewood back and sides. Those Martin’s and Taylor’s with that provide the larger more bass like tone. Now my Tonare Grand has mahogany back and sides but provides awesome bass and a full frequency spectrum of tone and is loud. He quickly took over my Martin D 41 which I sold. I would like a Angelus for the cut away. My only regret is not putting on some type of pick guard on and a few more years I’m going to wear a hole in the top, for some reason Im more rough on acoustics than electrics.

Theres a 513 with 24 frets in Japan in case u have the cash lying around and fancy swinging by for the Olympics
https://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop700/DS05322097/
Its difficult to narrow down two but for me the 513 is definitely there. The second is a toughie so ill have to tie three guitars DGT with swapped bk ftermath pickups/ custom 24 singlecut thickness/594 singlecut.
Yeah i basically like all PRSs
I remember seeing this guitar on eBay. I wanted it so bad but way beyond my price range at the time.

Whenever I have to pick its so hard because I have several that could be #1 guitars, I could pick any 2 of my guitars and be set for life to be honest.
At this moment

CU22 Special Semi Hollow
Silver Sky

Honorable mention

408 Standard Rosewood neck
SCT
CU22

Have to say I've gravitated alot to my 2007 employee sc semihollow w outrageous Indian rw neck, braz board and special 5708's
Then my main for years now an ME I w the neck redone by PRS to WT and hand scalloped upper board, glossed body and 5909's (love this guitar, will be buried w it)

Can I please have some more, sir?
Lol. I want to choose more also. First thread was one, this one is two, Wait a while and make a thread for three or more. I’ll be able to reply to that one also! :D Come on Les give me two models you can’t live without.

Whenever I have to pick its so hard because I have several that could be #1 guitars, I could pick any 2 of my guitars and be set for life to be honest.
At this moment

CU22 Special Semi Hollow
Silver Sky

Honorable mention

408 Standard Rosewood neck
SCT
CU22

If I had to choose it would be a Custom 24 and 408.

Have to say I've gravitated alot to my 2007 employee sc semihollow w outrageous Indian rw neck, braz board and special 5708's
Then my main for years now an ME I w the neck redone by PRS to WT and hand scalloped upper board, glossed body and 5909's (love this guitar, will be buried w it)

Awesome choices!! Thanks!

I did a post quite a while back and called it the Holy Trinity - try and pick 3 PRS guitars that would make up your holy trinity, 3 guitars that you could use for all the music you play etc. Ultimately, it was a post about picking your 3 favourite models that would give you, if not everything, the closest you could get - essentially your 'holy grail' that if you had to limit yourself to just 3 models, the 3 you would take as 1 is just impossible. It seemed that people were unable to narrow it down to 3, so good luck to get people picking 2.

My Holy Grail back then was my 594 (the Les Paul double humbucker type with the added option to independently split the HB's), my 509 (the Super Strat with Tele and stratty type options) and my Custom 24 (a modern double HB guitar that offers something different to the other two). I have since added my Hollowbody ii (hollow type guitar with a Piezo to give some acoustic type sounds) and now my Special Semi-Hollow (which gives a different take on the double HB but with many more options and tonal variety than any of my other guitars).

Picking 2 from those is impossible - mostly because every single one is different and offer something I cannot get from the others. I cannot narrow it down to two, every guitar can make a case to be considered, something about them, not just the tones either as you have the feel and everyone is in my collection on merit and how they made me feel...

Back