Favorite TWO PRS Models ???

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
OK I did a search to see if this thread came up before. Back in 2012 there was a thread regarding if you could only one, what would be your favorite model?

For me that’s unrealistic, as a matter of fact just two models are probably unrealistic for me but what the hell let’s have fun with this thread and tell me what are your two favorite PRS models and why. Doesn’t have to be models or the individual guitars you own. Just your favorite models in their features. Why are they a “must have”.

My picks: The West Street LTD and the 513. They are both magical guitars.

First, the West Street limited is a must. It is a rock and guitar with a great scale length. The pickups are not wax potted so they freaking scream. The mahogany body and Sapele top which is in the mahogany family contribute to the sweet rocking tones from this guitar.

Second is my 513. To put it plainly it’s three guitars in one that can achieve awesome Strat tones, creamy clear humbucker tones and higher output Humbucker rocking tones. Arguably the most diverse guitar ever made by Paul Reed Smith.

The two guitars I mention are so different in scale length the West Street being 24.5 and the 513 is 25.25 which contributes to different feel but with just those two guitars I can cover everything. I wish the 513 came with 24 frets is my only *****.

I have 2 core Angelus acoustics. I bought another recently, and didn't post NAGD because I'm a bit leery of being branded eccentric on acoustics. I sold nearly all of my PRS electrics to fund them.
I'm not so sure the cutaway would be the "sound" affect that would make an impression. The Angelus body size is smaller than the Tonare, and the back and side woods have a huge impact on the tone. My two Angelus' sound so different as to suggest different models/styles entirely.
I've played a lot of PRS acoustics. A benefit of spending a lot of time with the acoustic team at the Experience events since the acoustics' introduction. You really do have to play more than just a couple of them to decide if it's your cup of tea.
A Tonare does sound "huge". I think only the tone would be the variance. That bigger body makes a bigger sound.

Theres a 513 with 24 frets in Japan in case u have the cash lying around and fancy swinging by for the Olympics
https://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop700/DS05322097/
Its difficult to narrow down two but for me the 513 is definitely there. The second is a toughie so ill have to tie three guitars DGT with swapped bk ftermath pickups/ custom 24 singlecut thickness/594 singlecut.
Yeah i basically like all PRSs

My core model picks would be = Pauls guitar & Santana retro. These are on my to get list - till then these.

2001 McCarty - This is my dream guitar, I have a 2015 McCarty as well but the 2001 just have that extra something.

2001 Standard 22 (translucent purple wrap) - Again there's just something special about this guitar - it never fails to put a smile on my face.

If we're including SE's then these 2.

Bernie Marsden SE (one of the original first year production run)

Chris Robertson SE

Back